Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I definitely thought it was a Pre 2.
    I thought it may have been a Pre Plus, the wallpaper kind of looked like the standard one thats on the Plus but I only caught a glimpse of it.
    The UI they show with the Pre on Castle and, apparently, Grimm are not webOS. Only vaguely similar.
    But I still get a kick out of seeing the Pre form factor still on these shows. They must have FLOODED (a bit of hyperbole, there) the prop departments of some studios with Pre phones when they first came out.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Here's a higher quality photo I took. The guy dismisses the call screen and shows the webOS UI. It's clearly got the Just Type search bar, so it's webOS 2.x.

Notice how when the phone is angled better toward the camera in the second image it's more elongated. I wonder if it's a Pre3. It IS on AT&T carrier, though given the GSM Pre2 devices were unlocked, it could very well be a Pre2 too.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    The UI they show with the Pre on Castle and, apparently, Grimm are not webOS. Only vaguely similar.
    But I still get a kick out of seeing the Pre form factor still on these shows. They must have FLOODED (a bit of hyperbole, there) the prop departments of some studios with Pre phones when they first came out.
    it was def WebOS, check Jason's link, no mistaking it!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Aside from the evidence showing it's webOS, I've got to apply Ocham's Razor here... The level of effort you would go to in order to fake the screens on a relatively obscure smartphone is really and truly a needlessly complex endeavour, particularly for a TV show with a cable TV budget and production constraints. MUCH better things for them to spend their limited production budgets on...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Aside from the evidence showing it's webOS, I've got to apply Ocham's Razor here... The level of effort you would go to in order to fake the screens on a relatively obscure smartphone is really and truly a needlessly complex endeavour, particularly for a TV show with a cable TV budget and production constraints. MUCH better things for them to spend their limited production budgets on...
    My theory is that they wanted a simple, consistent view on the phone's screen, so they simply used a screenshot for an iphone; probably also because the webOS call-answer screen is a notification popup and not a full screen view.

In reality, it would take me maybe 2 minute to whip up a simple prop app that only shows the iOS call-answer screenshot image and closes on a tap
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I don't think anybody uses real phone displays in film anymore. They don't tend to show up right with lighting. I'm betting almost any time they show a whole closeup it's edited in in post.
    There are definitely some shows that do whip up an simple graphic or cheesy app for a phone to make it interactive on screen. Good example is the show Raising Hope. They've had a couple of scenes using a Pre (upside down for some dumb reason) but with an ugly app that actually did react with they pressed 'ignore' on a call.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...side-down.html
    Well this a weird picture I took while seeing a band last night. Two people were holding up their phones taking video and they were both webOS phones. It was a rare sight and something I had never seen in my 2+ years of being a Pre user. I recently had to put my Pre down due to touchscreen issues so this pic was taken using a 4s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    IICODECll likes this.
    it's tough to see because the scene is dark, but the most recent episode of House appears to show him answering a call on a Pre of some sort. It's definitely a portrait slider, and it just looks 'pre-ish' to me.
    Vodafone uk ads with yoda and contacts transfer have pre3 (must look closely at the black phone) even though they didn't officially carry it (cpw sold it with voda plans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Did you see your webOS device on TV or Movie or perhaps some other type of media?

TELL US ABOUT IT!!
    not sure if anyone caught this, I spotted a Pre 3 in American Reunion, the most recent American Pie movie. Couldn't help laughing since they used it to take a picture but the phone was not even on lol. But it was definitely a Pre 3! You can even see the HP logo on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie4sho View Post
    not sure if anyone caught this, I spotted a Pre 3 in American Reunion, the most recent American Pie movie. Couldn't help laughing since they used it to take a picture but the phone was not even on lol. But it was definitely a Pre 3! You can even see the HP logo on the back.
    Pretty sure there was a thread on this back when the movie came out, and some debate on it. Now that you mention it I forgot about it when we finally watched the movie when we bought it... gonna have to watch it again, love those movies.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    can anyone tell me what phone Paul Sr on the new season of American Chopper first episode was using while talking to Paul Jr.....I missed that part and my girlfriend was yelling pre while I was in the bathroom
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    can anyone tell me what phone Paul Sr on the new season of American Chopper first episode was using while talking to Paul Jr.....I missed that part and my girlfriend was yelling pre while I was in the bathroom
    Where abouts in the episode does this scene take place?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Where abouts in the episode does this scene take place?
    Drink six glasses of water and it will be at the time you need to excuse yourself...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Drink six glasses of water and it will be at the time you need to excuse yourself...
    lol.

Well, I downloaded and skimmed through the episode and the only thing I saw was this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.