Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    (Not sure if this has been posted already, I was too lazy to look back through the last few pages)

Was watching the new Dr. Dre/Eminem video "I need a Doctor", and during the hospital scene following Dre. crashing his car, there are doctors nurses standing around observing/discussing his condition, and sure enough one of the whips out what is supposed to be a Touchpad, and another whips out what is supposed to be a Pre3, touches them together and the data from one is transferred to the other....When I first saw it (its kind of quick) I just about choked on my frosted mini-wheats.

Also, I think the watch Eminem is wearing on another cutaway shot is the WebOS Watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by thestig View Post
    In this weeks episode of Parks and Recreation Ron was using a palm phone not sure which one. Is it a pixi?

Parks and Recreation Season 3 Episode 16

Ladies and gentlemen we have 3 options here as no other device (checked pictures of them all) does not have both the HP and palm branding on the back:

1) Less likely - this a unreleased slab phone, notice the lack of camera ring on the back, also the glossy back from the pre- days
    2) Somewhat likely - this a prototype of the pre2 (about the same size, or smaller, but veer does not look that way at all), plus it has the thickness of a pebbly slider
    2) Very likely - this is not an actual phone but any peace of plastic lying around branded just because HP totally owns Parks and Rec and The Office

what you say
    Last edited by MihMih; 05/21/2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post

Ladies and gentlemen we have 3 options here as no other device (checked pictures of them all) does not have both the HP and palm branding on the back:

1) Less likely - this a unreleased slab phone, notice the lack of camera ring on the back, also the glossy back from the pre- days
    2) Somewhat likely - this a prototype of the pre2 (about the same size, or smaller, but veer does not look that way at all), plus it has the thickness of a pebbly slider
    2) Very likely - this is not an actual phone but any peace of plastic lying around branded just because HP totally owns Parks and Rec and The Office

what you say

First of all, we shouldn't be spending our last day on earth discussing such trivial matters. We should be with our families preparing for the rapture . Second I was thinking about your three options and was doing some google images searching. I happened across a Palm Treo Pro photo and thought it resembled Ron's phone pretty well. What you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by fortwynt View Post
    (Not sure if this has been posted already, I was too lazy to look back through the last few pages)

Was watching the new Dr. Dre/Eminem video "I need a Doctor", and during the hospital scene following Dre. crashing his car, there are doctors nurses standing around observing/discussing his condition, and sure enough one of the whips out what is supposed to be a Touchpad, and another whips out what is supposed to be a Pre3, touches them together and the data from one is transferred to the other....When I first saw it (its kind of quick) I just about choked on my frosted mini-wheats.

Also, I think the watch Eminem is wearing on another cutaway shot is the WebOS Watch.
    That's actually a cool scene. Go to 4:16 on this video to see it:
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    +1@fortwynt nice catch
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    On the season finale of Parks on Rec, Ron Swanson was playing a voice mail off a Palm phone yet I couldn't recognize what model it was. Anyone know?
    Thanks guys...a really cool video/song either way, but soon as I spotted the goods it made it that much sweeter!...now THATS some star power that will boost sales, mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post

what you say
    palm treo pro. had one back in the day.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I saw that too. It was the Palm Treo Pro.

That phone by the way could have been awesome if Palm had released it on Verizons network. Instead it was on Alltel and Sprint.

Ironically, I worked at Verizon at the time and my manager got to test a Treo Pro on Verizon. They ended up deciding not to relase it which was a shame.

You can go on ebay though and pick up a Treo Pro on the VZN without any problem. I see them all the time.
    Episode 6 of Covert Affairs, 28 minutes in a representative of the Scottish Embassy makes a call using a Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jake_M and cgardnervt like this.
    HAHA Good find! :P
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I can't believe we're still seeing new sitings of the Pre!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    "Desperate Housewives"
    Episode: "Make the Connection"
    Aired: 10/2/11
    Phone: Palm Pre Plus (I think! Could have been a newer model.)
    Who: Parker Scavo

"Raising Hope"
    Episode: Not sure... I just happened to see the phone!
    Aired: 10/4/11
    Phone: HP Veer (I think!)
    Who: Sabrina
    When: The very beginning.

Wow! Two sightings in less than one week, and the second was a fluke that I even happened to see it!
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 10/25/2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    "Grey's Anatomy"
    Episode: "Lost Love and Legacy"
    Aired: 10/13/2011
    Phone: Pre 2
    Who: Sandra Oh's character Christine
    When: Near the end of the episode
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    "Desperate Housewives"
    Episode: "The Art of Making Art"
    Aired: 10/23/11
    Phone: Palm Pre Plus or HP Veer?
    Who: Gabby Solis (Eva Longoria's character)
    When: About 45 minutes in.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just spotted a pre on the Grimm pilot about half way in used by the main character. The display had been obfuscated a bit but the main screen was a dead giveaway.
    So this tv show Grimm is on NBC and I just seen the main geeza bust out a Palm Pre! upclose shot and everything! some sort of twisted product placement?? lol He sees things reg people dont! lol

I jumped up with an "oh snap!" expression lol
    Darkgift likes this.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Good catch...

On the show "Castle", Detective Beckett still uses her Palm Pre even though it's season 4. LOL...
    I definitely thought it was a Pre 2.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Yeah caught it too. Here's a quick pic of it:

sorry for the quality, it was hard to get it where it wasn't too bright, tried to touch up in a paint program but this was about as good as I could get it.