Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I don't think people realize that the Pre3 isn't all that much bigger than the Pre or Pre2. When you're talking overall shape and looking at somebody else holding it... It's hard to see a huge size difference.

The Bones siting is just a Pre.
    It's really really hard to tell what that phone was... these screenshots a a bit blurry because they are of Hulu (not the best definition) and cropped/resized to zoom in on the phone.

I still don't think it was the Pre3... because the phone he is holding has a curved profile (like the Pre and Pre2), but the Pre3 doesn't have that curve and the slider has been changed to go straight up/down (just like the Veer). The curved profile makes me think this isn't the Pre3.

Make your own assumptions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (372.3 KB, 106 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (289.0 KB, 99 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (369.9 KB, 87 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (323.1 KB, 108 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (324.5 KB, 133 views)
    Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: pdf 2.pdf (773.1 KB, 80 views)
    • File Type: pdf 1.pdf (726.3 KB, 44 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's really really hard to tell what that phone was... these screenshots a a bit blurry because they are of Hulu (not the best definition) and cropped/resized to zoom in on the phone.

I still don't think it was the Pre3... because the phone he is holding has a curved profile (like the Pre and Pre2), but the Pre3 doesn't have that curve and the slider has been changed to go straight up/down (just like the Veer). The curved profile makes me think this isn't the Pre3.

I don't know, all I know is it is very big to be a Pre or Pre 2. Maybe the phone they got was an older model before the curve was removed. Who knows!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

That is definitely at least a Pre 2. You can see the open USB port on the side of the phone. I doubt it'd be a Pre 3, a Pre 3 wouldn't be allowed to be aired on TV yet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    One of the pictures also shows the trademark back of the slider mirror. It's definitely a Pre of some sort.

It's a Pre 3. Look how wide it appears on his ear. Curve, what curve. It's difficult to really say theres much curve or not. Then there's the microUSB port. Clearly a Pre 3 - no cover. Some of you may be saying oh it's just Pre or a Pre + and the microUSB door broke off, or even a Pre 2, possibly, but I'm inclined to believe HP has slid this Pre 3 in as clever marketing!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Doubt it's a product placement as this show is known for them (self-parking car anyone?)
    Recently they've been using alot of wp7 on the show they used to be xcore pre/evo on the show but now their all wp7 but last night i was PRETTY sure that i saw hodgins holding a slider type phone with a mirror on the back which made me think some sort of pre but again not 100%
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Product placements go out of their way to make sure the audience can tell what exactly the product is. All the discussion here tells me it isn't a Pre3 - if HP released one to be used on TV they would want to be sure it got definite, identifiable airtime.
    is the look of the camera supposed to be different on pre3? Something about the way he is covering up the camera as if it was meant to be hidden. I don't get why they would inconspicuously show off the pre3.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    <clip>...Clearly a Pre 3 - no cover...</clip>
    The Pre2 doesn't have a cover either. I've blown up the side-view pic and cleaned it up, and there is the tell-tale curve to the phone with the slider open... not a Pre3 IMO.
    +1 for it being a Pre2.
    im gonna go with it being either pre or pre 2. Pictures backing my theory below.

If you look at the circled area, you can see the black strip going across the top of the mirror which is what you would find on the pre, pre plus, and pre 2.

If you look at the circled area of the pre 3, that black strip doesnt exist on the device, just an equal sized bezel around the mirror.

unedited photo of the bones image.

alternate view of pre 3 mirror.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 05/13/2011 at 08:06 PM.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    im gonna go with it being either pre or pre 2. Pictures backing my theory below.

If you look at the circled area, you can see the black strip going across the top of the mirror which is what you would find on the pre, pre plus, and pre 2.

If you look at the circled area of the pre 3, that black strip doesnt exist on the device, just an equal sized bezel around the mirror.

Well you proved it! I hate to say it, but it MIGHT be a Pre 2. Either way, it's a Pre and it was SEEN!
    <<threads merged... until a Pre3 is sighted >>
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post

Hmmm, I think you just proved that Hodgins has small hands! How else would someone mistake a Pre (-,+ or 2) for a 3???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    5-16-11 Episode of Castle. The female lead has over the past few season been spotted several times with a Pre. I think she had a Pre3 on last night's season finale (not positive). I am positive the male lead "Castle himself" was using a WP7 device. The WP7 cameo was followed promptly by a combo AT&T / WP7 commercial.
    In this weeks episode of Parks and Recreation Ron was using a palm phone not sure which one. Is it a pixi?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Also, adding to my previous post, I think the watch Eminem is wearing on another cutaway shot is the WebOS Watch.