Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Palm Pre sighted on Track Me If You Can. About 8 1/2 - 9 mins in.
    I just saw a new commercial for the Nissan Leaf, and it featured a smartphone in it. I did not recognize it, but it screamed palm in its design. Anyone think it could be an upcoming webOS phone. Sorry, I could not find the clip on youtube.
    no
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    As I was watching the Discovery channel this evening, during s Nissan Leaf (electric car) advertisement I noticed a device that looks very similar to a Palm Pre device. I have looked around and didn't notice another thread about this. Is this an up and coming Palm device or is it another device that I'm not aware of? Has anyone else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not familiar with what that thing is. Did the commercial say anything related to HP or Palm?
    its possible but im not thinking thats a palm phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm just going to guess no.

A new top secret device left at the bar, ok, I'll buy that.

What's the story behind this? They were filling the new Nissian commercial 3 months ago, and Jon R stopped by, and an actor needed to borrow his phone? His phone also didn't show the "just type" box at the top, or the handy dandy bottom row of icons?
    The problem with wishful thinking is that it is nine parts wishful, and one part thinking. There is no reason to believe HP is expending resources to advertise a product that doesn't exist, while ignoring the ones that do.
    someone else just posted a pic and i dont think that it is an HP phone or palm but it is possible .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It said nothing about Palm but I'm not familiar with any other phone that has the illuminated button on the bottom except the original Palm Pre. You can't see it on this image but the speaker (ear) has 3 holes, my Pre has a slot.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I found the commercial on YouTube. youtube.com/watch?v=wpgTeixO7_Y
    you need a better link lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I couldn't post the link before so I posted what it would allow me to. Here it is.
    That is definitely not any kind of palm phone. Palm has deliberately moved away from hardware buttons, and the overall style really looks nothing like the Pre, except that it's black with rounded corners. My guess is that it's either some unknown knock off phone that sells for $10 in China, or it's a prop phone that isn't intended to be any particular device.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    <<thread merged>>

isn't this like palm spotting?! Just my thoughts.
    Oh come on guys! Do you NOT recognize a photoshopped Pre when you see it? That was a Pre with an awful job of photoshop for the button (guess the original pearl button was too small for them) and the three speaker holes. Let's not get to out there, OK?
    Craigslist killer, its a movie that was on lifetime. For reference to where it is in the movie for someone who has seen it, it is the girl who is in the massage room who has a pre plus
    Another sighting, In a Nissan Leaf commercial
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast