1.    #1  
    How can there be so many 0 and 1 star bad reviews on apps in the catalog. The reviews they make don't even make any sense; they just say, "failed to download" or some junk like that. It doesn't make sense because you have to have the app installed on your phone to even leave a review.

Just check the reviews for all the free apps. It's full of this spam.

So who is creating these nonreviews? Are they just made by foolish people wasting time? Or is there a hidden agenda to these?
    let's also remember that there are many apps that earn that one-star rating...

Cloudgenki and Dijit - I'm looking at you.
  3.    #3  
    Of course their are legitimate bad reviews.

I was referring to the nonreviews I described which show up with unbelievable speed and frequency. You can tell the people have never even used the app, that's why they don't write a real review; and I am pretty sure they continue through all the free apps in the catalog this way. It's all done by just a couple of people.
    Yeah, I see this all the time. I'm pretty sure Chuq(guy that works for Palm), has a script or something set up so every now and then it wipes reviews that are racist/failed to install/failed to download.
    they seem to me to be written by idiots who blame the developer for not knowing how to use their phone....
    It's not a conspiracy - but if you read enough app reviews, it becomes obvious how many 16 year old kids bought a Pre because they couldn't afford an iPhone and are now disgruntled because the Pre isn't as cool. That's how you get insightful app reviews like "app f'in suxxxxxx like this phone" that are super-helpful to developers trying to improve their app.
  7.    #7  
    How are these people creating reviews for apps that they claim wouldn't download? Does it not have to be installed to create the review?

Seriously, what the f*** is going on? Are these Pixi owner's with a half working App Catalog or something? (I wouldn't know because I have a Pre)
    I believe when you report a problem with the app in the app catalog it automatically creates a 0 star review and uses the summary of the problem they reported as their review.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    I believe when you report a problem with the app in the app catalog it automatically creates a 0 star review and uses the summary of the problem they reported as their review.
    Ok. Thanks for this info. Now it makes sense.

You guys were right. It's just idiots falsely reporting bugs even though there is only a problem on their end.