1.    #1  
    My PrePlus keeps freezing when I try to copy MP3 files to it. I'm trying to listen to audiobooks and can copy one or two segments before it freezes. I then can't eject the Pre properly as it says a file is still in use. Any reason why it does that? It also seems to have trouble with larger files of other types. Have a got a dub Pre or is this a known fault? Frankly I want to go back to my Centro if this is going to keep on or switch from Palm altogether. Can't they seem to make a smartphone that ALSO is a decent media player?
    One of the best ways to transfer media file to your phone is to use Media Monkey. Go here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...diamonkey.html

Also there are two more than decent music players Music Remix 2.0 and NaNPlayer.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...iew-video.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by joykenn View Post
    My PrePlus keeps freezing when I try to copy MP3 files to it. I'm trying to listen to audiobooks and can copy one or two segments before it freezes. I then can't eject the Pre properly as it says a file is still in use. Any reason why it does that? It also seems to have trouble with larger files of other types. Have a got a dub Pre or is this a known fault? Frankly I want to go back to my Centro if this is going to keep on or switch from Palm altogether. Can't they seem to make a smartphone that ALSO is a decent media player?
    You may have a hardware issue. I've been playing around with the Pre to Pre Plus conversions and have checked out three Pre Plus memory boards during this time. One of the three exhibited similar behavior to what you described. I was trying to copy over a bunch of MP3 files at the time and it kept stopping and giving me errors. I chalked it up as a bad memory board (I bought all of these off of eBay). The other two Pre Plus boards do not display this problem, nor do any of my Sprint Pre memory boards.

If it's still under warranty or you have insurance, I would get it checked out and/or exchanged immediately.