1.    #1  
    I searched this issue and couldn't find the answer here. I have the AT&T palm pre, but my friend has the Sprint version. She put a password in the screen unlock but no longer wants it. We know the password, so we tried to remove it. The only 2 choices were PIN and Password. There was no choice for "no password", like on my phone. I was able to change the password to "1", which is a little easier. The option for "no password" is just not there. Any advice? I did an update and she was up to date. I don't need to do a reset do I? Is there a patch that anybody knows of?
    Top 10 reasons why I procrastinate:

1.)
    Correction, there are three options > you also have Off. I don't think there is any patch for what you're asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by toughguy1 View Post
    I searched this issue and couldn't find the answer here. I have the AT&T palm pre, but my friend has the Sprint version. She put a password in the screen unlock but no longer wants it. We know the password, so we tried to remove it. The only 2 choices were PIN and Password.
    Under "Screen & Lock" scroll down to "Secure Unlock" and tap on "Simple Pin". You should have an "Off" option.

If you are running Active Sync with Exchange there might be a security policy implemented that requires the PIN to be used.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5.    #5  
    OK, first, I misspoke when I said "no password" - I was trying to recall from memory. You are right - the 3rd option is "off". But that is the problem: her phone does not have the "off" option. Mine does. She said when she first set it up, she chose to set a password, and could have not had one. Now she wants to get rid of the password. Do I need to "doctor" this phone (reset), or is there another recommendation?

1.)
    I see what your talking about. You can delete the pin you choose, what you can do is tap simple pin and press in your current password, or tap chage pin and change the password.

best of luck. :-D
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/04/2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Correction
  7.    #7  
    Rush,

I already changed the password to "1", which made it easier, but she wants to get rid of the password all together. I can't figure that out. Please advise.

1.)
    A configured Exchange account might be causing you can't remove the PIN. This is a form of security enforced to secure the exchange account holding sensitive information.
    Quote Originally Posted by vlada13 View Post
    A configured Exchange account might be causing you can't remove the PIN. This is a form of security enforced to secure the exchange account holding sensitive information.
    I have an exchange account configured and do not see the option of "off"
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Same here, can't remove pin/password due to exchange email account security requirements.

The "Bypass Pin" patch won't work for you?

Only thing I can think of is this: remove exchange email account, backup, then doctor the Pre back to new state.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I had the same problem. I had Microsoft Exchange configured and it would not let me go without a password. I chatted with a Palm Tech when I first synced with Exchange and they told me that it was something with the way my employers server was set up for Exchange that required the password. I just installed the "bypass pin" patch through Preware and I haven't had a problem since. Whenever I open my phone it still flashes the "cloud" background that comes up when you put the password in but it goes right on by without me having to do anything.