Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    we are still at the very beginning of the smartphone game...
    What constitutes the begining? Smartphones have been out since at least 2002. And believe it or not, Apple did not have the first app store. They just made it a real success. Long before iTunes app store there was and is Handango.

"In 2002, Handspring ceased production of the Visor line, replacing it with a line of handhelds that were to be more "communication-centric" in nature; these would be sold under the name Treo. Except for one early model, all Treo devices were smartphones with integrated cellular phones,..."

We well into the game my friend.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10/02/2010 at 09:53 PM.
    i hope apple crashes and burns. android is ok other than horrid memory fluctuations. i just bought a new pre and am coming back to palm. ive used all kinds of smartphones and i think webos and android have the most potential. apple products are just a fad IMO. WP7 will be for corporate gurus.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i hope apple crashes and burns. android is ok other than horrid memory fluctuations. i just bought a new pre and am coming back to palm. ive used all kinds of smartphones and i think webos and android have the most potential. apple products are just a fad IMO. WP7 will be for corporate gurus.
    Crash and burn, you mean like Palm? Fat chance.

Fad? Likea a pet rock? Or chia pet?

Fad: a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal.

Let's see, iPhone is up to it's fourth generation. Came out in 2007. iPhone 4 sold more than predecessors. Integration with new ATV2. Gets regular updates. Hi resale value. High scalping value. People sleep outside just to get there hands on one. IOS being integrated in to more Apple products, yet you think it's a fad. You can't even give a palm pre away. Yet you buy another Pre, which as of now is a fad. No wonder you're stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Crash and burn, you mean like Palm? Fat chance.

Fad? Likea a pet rock? Or chia pet?

Fad: a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal.

Let's see, iPhone is up to it's fourth generation. Came out in 2007. iPhone 4 sold more than predecessors. Integration with new ATV2. Gets regular updates. Hi resale value. High scalping value. People sleep outside just to get there hands on one. IOS being integrated in to more Apple products, yet you think it's a fad. You can't even give a palm pre away. Yet you buy another Pre, which as of now is a fad. No wonder you're stuck.
    who let the apple fan on here?

webos has tons of potential and i hardly call palm a crash and burn company now that hp is behind the wheel. funny how you did not comment on my webos and wp7 thoughts. i do not have love for just one mobile os, i use all of them and i can say webos was one of the best. an iphone like any other apple product is nothing but an overpriced zombie following fad that will die out. the iphone is one of the most limited devices out there...well i take that back, wp7 will be.
    who let the apple fan on here?

webos has tons of potential and i hardly call palm a crash and burn company now that hp is behind the wheel. funny how you did not comment on my webos and wp7 thoughts. i do not have love for just one mobile os, i use all of them and i can say webos was one of the best. an iphone like any other apple product is nothing but an overpriced zombie following fad that will die out. the iphone is one of the most limited devices out there...well i take that back, wp7 will be.
    Nope not beholden to any company. Don't believe in it, it does not make me money. Just call it like it is. I have been hearing the tons of potential since 2005 with Palm and Palm products, so I did not bother to comment. Yes, iphones are overpriced. Apple fans are ranting and raving about how it is glass like it's a precious metal. Glass so what? Are you happy now?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10/02/2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Wow. Every single point you made is wrong. That has to be a new record.
    Oh, theres millions?
    <<comment deleted by Mod>>

I also love people already proclaiming WP7 as a success and it's not even out yet. How can you count out WebOS because it is "too late" yet praise WP7 in the same sentence.

Lot's of arm chair quarterbacks here.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/03/2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: personal attack
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Oh, theres millions?
    Uh, YEAH....

Palm has about 2.6 M-I-L-L-I-O-N (with an *M*) users (up from 2.4 MILLION) with Pre's & Pixi's and despite (gasp!) NO NEW HARDWARE being released...

***GAINED*** (added, increased, etc)

...Over 200,000 webOS users last quarter.

http://www.precentral.net/comscore-p...us-marketshare

<deleted by mod>

(p.s. I think your login over at TiPB is about to timeout....might wanna go check it.)
    **Reminder to the thread - having a discussion is one thing, but please do not attack others if their opinion differs from yours. Lets keep it civil in here. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Thanks, where did you get this? LOL Its great!!!
    I got the graphic from here.

I found that page from a link in these forums from someone else, don't remember who.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    **Reminder to the thread - having a discussion is one thing, but please do not attack others if their opinion differs from yours. Lets keep it civil in here. Thanks!
    You could have left the part stating the fact about how many webOS users are out there. It's not an opinion it's fact.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12