Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are apps for Box.net, DropBox, and ZumoDrive, etc. But what other Cloud Storage services have websites that are WebOS compatible, i.e. let you download files to your phone from their website using the WebOS browser?

I seem to remember having problems with the web UI's of JungleDisk, PowerDrive, and SkyDrive -- but Wuala works great. Server-generated directory indexes also work well. For example, if you set up an Apache web server on your home computer you can use your phone to access the indexes and download files.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I use Dropbox with Dropboxify app, works great.
    not really raw storage but I love evernote. I use it all the time.
    GoAruna seems pretty cool. Able to share your cloud files via weblink.
    did you try my app box.net for webOS its cheap only 1.49
    ...can any of these stream more than one song in a row??? i've got a gig of tunes that need to be freed!

..zumodrive looks like it's my ticket....thoughts??
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    box.net fo webOS can stream multiple songs in a row but I haven't tested it on a cellphone connection only wifi
    I just downloaded this new app in the catalog called 'GoAruna'.

Seems to be a dropbox type of app with maybe more features.

They have a lite version which is always free that offers 2GB of storage space.

The will be introducing a paid subscription service that will include more storage if needed.

The app itself looks very slick and clean!

I have not tried it just yet. I just installed it and wanted to read more on their website because I don't trust things that say 'free'. LOL!

So the more people that use it, the more it will stay free, which seems OK. I have yet to see any ads on this app. But again, I haven't actually tried to transfer to store files.

You can store in the cloud or on your desktop.

They have a BONUS feature that will earn your more storage.

The hook, you have to refer friends to get the app.

They give you a special link for you to give out to a friend and if that friend uses that link you get credit and hence more storage.

My link that they provide is:

http://goaruna.com/r/I3MngSAlM3SCXQ

And guys, I don't really care if you use this link or not, I am just demonstrating what they are doing. I haven't tried the link myself, so if you want to try it out and let us all know what you get, feel free to do so! Heck, in the process I might just earn some 'BONUS' point! LOL!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

For music, I use mp3tunes. I have 10gigs of free storage and can stream more than one song in a row. Play from any pc and webos has an app for it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    box.net just upgraded free accounts to 5GB
    I use ZUMODrive - I have dropbox too, but ZD has a free webos app, and dropbox does not ..
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Can anyone offer an opinion on which one between ZumoDrive and Aruna has the better combination of interface and service? I currently use Zumo and Sugarsync but will move everything to the service with the best Palm support and a good desktop experience.

(if we are going to complain about a lack of developer support, we need to be willing to reward the Devs who are supporting the platform.)
    There's a zumodrive app for Linux, that has me sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    For music, I use mp3tunes. I have 10gigs of free storage and can stream more than one song in a row. Play from any pc and webos has an app for it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    how did you get the 10gb..the invite sign-up?
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    box.net has 5 gb!

microsoft skydrive has 25 gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    how did you get the 10gb..the invite sign-up?
    everyone gets 2gigs free and you have to request an upgrade. Being a longtime linux user, I've had an account for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    box.net has 5 gb!

microsoft skydrive has 25 gb.
    does skydrive have an app for webOS

and do they have an api?
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    everyone gets 2gigs free and you have to request an upgrade. Being a longtime linux user, I've had an account for a while
    Rt....thx...i did the 10gb invite thing....problem is I have about 400gb of music....
    I don't think there is an api for skydrive, and I'm not a developer so I have no clue if it's possible.

but what I do know is that the mobile website for skydrive works well on the webOS browser, and I can download any docs or pics I have saved on skydrive
    If you're really computer savy try AmpacherPre. You bascially turn your computer into a webserver and will be able to view all your media to your pre. I have over 50gigs of music at my fingertips. **NOTE** This is not an easy setup if you don't trust your computer know how.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast