1.    #1  
    I LOVE this phone, love the slide down keyboard, love the screen... I have friends who have iphones (who doesn't?) - but this is my first smartphone and I really want all the apps everyone else has! I am 33, don't want a phone to use for work, just a lot of social fun/play - want apps to work <deleted by mod> with all of the things I love (FB, TIVO, EBAY, ETC) - I am with ATT - still within the 30 day range to return. I am up for an upgrade, could get an iPhone or one of the new Androids (HTC has a couple) - what do you think? I thought I would be able to ge online and watch my Amazon VOD's I own, but not flash capable...

The days are running out - please contact me jb42777 @ aol.com for help!!!

Thanks so much!

Julianne

p.s. - I want a smartphone for entertainmnt type <deleted by mod>, no business involved.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/28/2010 at 07:57 AM.
    other than tivo & amazon, it's all there.

first try out preware, and you will never look back.
    All depends on if you want a device that thinks it knows what's best for you (iPhone), or a device where you decide what's best for you (Pre).
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    From the things you say you want, I think you bought de wong phone. Apple has no flash FYI....frash is trash.
    if the phone does not do the things you need right now, and another alternative that does do those things is available, why wouldn't you switch.

I love my pre, but if it did not do what I need I would switch too.
    There are four lights.
    Your options (when it comes to applications) are very limited when it comes to webOS. There aren't many big-name entertainment applications. No support from Netflix, Hulu, etc. The only phone you'll find those on is the iPhone (however both Netflix and Hulu have said they're working on Android).
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    All depends on if you want a device that thinks it knows what's best for you (iPhone), or a device where you decide what's best for you (Pre).
    That doesn't even make sense. Try to be a little more objective with your assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. Try to be a little more objective with your assistance.
    What he's getting at is homebrew / patching. Don't like the way the app launcher looks? put a patch on it - make it see through, reduce the space between icons (then you can see more), increase the number of pages, give them titles - the possibilities are endless. Want to view e-mails in Landscape? patch it. Want your calendar to colour your appointments in Month View? Patch it. Want your text-message alert to vibrate for 1/1.5/2 sec? Patch it. Want to remove the Quick Launch bar when the app launcher is open? Patch it. Want the Music Player to ignore A, An and The at the beginning of titles/names when sorting? Patch it.

If you don't want these - don't install them. You have full choice.

the iPhone looks nice, but you MUST do everything the way apple wants you to. No choice. No Adjustments. If you like what they give you, how they give it to you, then that's fine for you. If you want some choice in how things work, you will have a problem with them.

Instant example: you cannot change the battery on an iPhone - therefore cannot carry a spare.

It's your choice - we are just giving you options.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.
    I say dump it quickly and try the others you can always come back its the only way to be sure.
    @jonathan_twite

Bravo! Glad I'm not the only one that knows the difference. Mother Apple does not know what's best for me
    Go switch and try - the key is "you want all the apps your friends have" and this just won't happen on the Pre.
    Its a wonderful phone, but if you want to set and play and nerd out with different apps, they aren't on this phone.
    The IPhone is the king of that, and if you don't have the patience to read, research, add and tweak, you will be happy. And even if you do, you are tweaking things it comes with.

Same for Android, their market will have most of the things the Iphone does. So if the apps are important, switch. If a cool, useful phone with functions is you, stay. But read your own first sentence - apps like friends - this is not a Pre hot point.
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The iPhone can watch Netflix. The Evo can do Flash content. Neither can do both.
    I would say for now that you should definitely just go do what your friends are doing. Check out webOS later when it has the apps. Then, since apps are all that matters, things will be level there andyou can go on to show them how awesome your device is in ways they never saw outside of an apple commercial.

it sounds like for now though, if your main goal is to have the same apps as your friends who have an iPhone, you will need an iPhone. Switch quickly though, before you do any customizing of your Pre or get used to using webOS, or you may not like much else about the othe phone than the apps.

I hope whichever way you go, you end up with a phone you love as much as I do mine.
    wouldn't it be more fun to do stuff that they CANT do? iOS just now got the ability to change the wallpaper. you can show them really cool themes, a great gaming experience without notifications killing the apps. a phone that doesn't come from a company that tries constantly to stop jailbreaking, etc.

I guess it depends on what you want
    Agree with comments before me... If the phone is not doing what you want it to do then switch to something that does... Explore all options available before it's too late coz if it is, sooner or later u'll gonna be bursting all of ur frustrations to the wrong people about things that you want the phone to do... Usually to Customer Relations or Tech Support Guys... Trust me, I was one of them till I discovered preware...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMETHING BIG IS COMMING OUT LATE 2010... AND AM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT 2.0
    Agreed - if you want your phone to be exactly the same as that of your iPhone friends, you're gonna have to think different and buy an iPhone as well. You will then be just as cool as them and they won't laugh at your phone anymore and act all superior.

I wouldn't recommend a Pre anymore anyway. It was one crazy awesome phone... In early 2009 when it was new. Now it's nowhere near the high end, as Moore's Law would make you assume.
    Give in to peer pressure and buy an iPhone now -OR- wait a couple months and see what Palm brings out then. But don't buy a Pre now, unless you're on a real budget.
    Just get an iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Agreed - if you want your phone to be exactly the same as that of your iPhone friends, you're gonna have to think different and buy an iPhone as well. You will then be just as cool as them and they won't laugh at your phone anymore and act all superior.
    agreed. this is why we like to call it the "sheep-phone" or the "lemming-phone".

nothing wrong with that if your friends spend a lot of time doing phone stuff together. just like all of them owning the same gaming console so they can play against each other...
    I have a better question for OP, why would you be on AT&T if you didn't want the iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by wors_drown View Post
    I LOVE this phone, love the slide down keyboard, love the screen... I have friends who have iphones (who doesn't?) - but this is my first smartphone and I really want all the apps everyone else has! I am 33, don't want a phone to use for work, just a lot of social fun/play - want apps to work <deleted by mod> with all of the things I love (FB, TIVO, EBAY, ETC) - I am with ATT - still within the 30 day range to return. I am up for an upgrade, could get an iPhone or one of the new Androids (HTC has a couple) - what do you think? I thought I would be able to ge online and watch my Amazon VOD's I own, but not flash capable...

The days are running out - please contact me jb42777 @ aol.com for help!!!

Thanks so much!

Julianne

p.s. - I want a smartphone for entertainmnt type <deleted by mod>, no business involved.
    If all you want out of your smartphone is apps. Then you need to get an iphone. No other platform at this time will meet your needs more.