1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in with everybody to see where other members are at in their anticipation of webOS 2.0 and new hardware. and how that aligns with your personal hardware/mobile plan situation.

I have only had my pre + on Verizon since May, and I love everything about it (well not everything, but enough to be on here), but I know that many, or most perhaps, are Sprint original pre users, and are dying for new hardware. I mean I am already salivating at the thought of new hardware, and I am only a few months into my contract.

At what point will you become too frustrated, or out of patience with your current web OS device and bail on Palm and web OS for an alternate OS, even if temporarily?

We really have no clue at this point when new hardware will be coming, OR what it will offer fully, and on top of that we each have unique contract and device situations to boot.

Me personally, I am willing to wait my contract out, as I usually do anyways, and if at the end of 2 years(or when my early upgrade comes) there is still no new device, I would have to bail, given that my pre lasts that long, and verizon hasn't run out replacements.

However my wife is already furious with hers, and is ready to switch to anything available. Thinking about it, I am not at all as technologically inclined as the majority of users on here, and really have no loyal ties to palm, other than my current happiness with what I have. It is my first smart phone ever, so I could have gotten a droid and possibly been quite satisfied with that in my ignorance of webOS.

What is your breaking point right now as you see it?
    If the last unused Palm Pre on earth breaks and therefore I am unable to locate a replacement when mine breaks... I guess I'd have to consider comething else. Contracts mean nothing to me - I have no contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If the last unused Palm Pre on earth breaks and therefore I am unable to locate a replacement when mine breaks... I guess I'd have to consider comething else.
    +1

Go Chiefs!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I've had my Pre since July and I have no product/company loyalty.

I've still got my full upgrade eligibility and am just waiting to see when something is released that tickles my fancy.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I will reach my breaking point on people reaching their breaking point long before I reach my breaking point over the next 14 months of my contract.
    My upgrade eligibility hits next month. Ready for new HW announcement anytime between now and then.

Ahh who am I kidding. I'll wait until my HP overlords bestow upon us a new phone and I will run out and buy it on launch day.
    Well I like many here on sprint left for the Evo the first chance we got. Not that it wasn't without sadness here. We who bought the launch day pre's were wanting it to succeed. How many of us went thru 1,2,3...8 pre's in a year. Once we saw what the Evo could do heck yeah we jumped ship. That being said if HP gets their collective A$rse's together and get some rockem sockem hardware out. Most will gladly come back. I know I would in a heartbeat. Until then we will bide our time.

COME ON HPALM GET IT OUT THE DOOR!!!
    When a new phone comes out that I can set to stun or kill, then I'll make the switch.
    I am actually really happy with my Palm pre. I have customised it to my liking thanks to all the help from developers and polite people at Precentral.net. It lacks certain financial apps that I miss from my Treo days and I am willing to wait till they start popping up. I am not one to readily change what I am used to using and since my first Treo 650, I have been satisfied with Palm. Now Sprint on the other hand is a whole different story!!!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Yep, that, and al the claims about 8 Pres. What are these people doing, using them for target practice?

I'm with my day 1 Pre until it breaks. Then I'll get another on e-bay and continue to enjoy this awesome phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I will reach my breaking point on people reaching their breaking point long before I reach my breaking point over the next 14 months of my contract.
    I've had my Pre+ since January this year and have been eligible for an upgrade since March. I have taken a look at the other OSs and phones, nothing is doing it for me now.

Like verwon said, I'm just waiting for something to tickle my fancy. Minus a badass camera, dual camera, and a big purty screen, my phone is better than all others, imo.
    Mine passed a long time ago. The lack of updates, poor support from Verizon, lack of news, garbage hardware, getting signed out of Palm Profile and losing important data has pushed me over the edge. That and the fact it's going to be months before we get the 'fall' update which will probably be full of bugs like 1.4.5.
    I will only leave when Webos does not exist!
    No breaking point here...i couldnt care less what other people do when i like something i stick with it...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    No breaking point here...i couldnt care less what other people do when i like something i stick with it...
    This is true, however there is only so much sticking you can do without new hardware....I'm not one to jump on new technology because it's new, I mean the pre I got in may was my first venture into smartphones. However I know that my pre has enough hardware issues that eventually when the opportunity comes I will either upgrade or switch to something else to have a reliable device.

I am also contemplating switching from Verizon at the end of my contract if they dont make some changes before then. Android and RIM just wont cut it for me as their only other options.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If the last unused Palm Pre on earth breaks and therefore I am unable to locate a replacement when mine breaks... I guess I'd have to consider comething else. Contracts mean nothing to me - I have no contract.
    My situation is exactly the same. I have not been on contract for a couple years. We are a 3 soon to be 4 then 5 Pre family, bought all of them 3rd party for $150 or less. I am set for some time, once webOS 2.0 comes out.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Out of contract next month, and I love my Pre but I just wont wait another 6 months to get another phone. I will probably pickup a WP7 device, I know I will miss some amazing features from webOS but I guess that is life.
    Blood in, blood out.
    Prē