Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    If Palm doesn't have a phone coming this year, why not port WebOS to the Epic?

Ideally, Palm would strike a deal with Samsung to do this.

But with a little help from Palm (such as agreeing to licensing), this could be accomplished quickly.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    There is no gesture area on the epic. If you are talking about licensing out the OS for a new device well that is a different story.
    I really doubt HP wants to license out webOS...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    There is no gesture area on the epic. If you are talking about licensing out the OS for a new device well that is a different story.
    Yes but there is 4 touch sensitive buttons.

And something along the lines of if b3 then b4 is press then forward swipe and if b2 to b1 is press then back swipe.. any button to screen press = up swipe

The gesture area is not some magical thing ya know.

But why would sammy want webos anyway... android is selling faster than ever... webos fading away faster than ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Yes but there is 4 touch sensitive buttons.

And something along the lines of if b3 then b4 is press then forward swipe and if b2 to b1 is press then back swipe.. any button to screen press = up swipe

The gesture area is not some magical thing ya know.

But why would sammy want webos anyway... android is selling faster than ever... webos fading away faster than ever...
    Fading away faster than ever, you're thinking Symbian in US.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Fading away faster than ever, you're thinking Symbian in US.
    Nope... Webos
    Nope... Webos
    Uh, I think 2.4million users and the 200,000 that jumped on board will disagree with you...

http://www.precentral.net/comscore-p...us-marketshare

(p.s. I think your androidcentral.com login is about to time out, you should probably head back...)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I work in the eCommerce world. Socal Commerce is the big new thing.

They have what they term "Tier 1" platforms that they are going to support. WebOS is not there.

They need to break at least 10% market share. And a lot of other vendors are chosing not to support WebOS because of its low adoption rate.

HP/Palm needs to get hardware out there ASAP to turn that tide. And if WebOS is tied to one vendor, I doubt if that will make the cut.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Webos is Palm only. If you want webos than buy a present or future Pam device. Simple
    By the time someone figures out how to put webOS on the Epic, HP will have come out with a new phone.

(Well I'm hoping for that, anyway.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I really doubt HP wants to license out webOS...
    Other way around. I'm certain if someone offered decent terms HP would license out webOS but who would do that when they can get Android for free?
    Why ruin a good phone lol
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Uh, I think 2.4million users and the 200,000 that jumped on board will disagree with you...

http://www.precentral.net/comscore-p...us-marketshare

(p.s. I think your androidcentral.com login is about to time out, you should probably head back...)
    Oh ya how about the one before where it dropped .6% hmmm from 5.4% was it to 4.8%... or how about the one before that where it dropped from 7.2% to 5.4%.... That's right only post the good news not the overall picture..

aww crap thanks for reminding me about the log in time out.. if this trashy launch day pre didn't lag all the time even oc'd that would be such an issue.
    helidos, may I simply ask, what are you doing? Literally, what are you posting here for? Did you read the thread? Did you think that sarcastic trashtalk about the pre, and spouting out adoption percentages has anything to do with the topic? just a few questions I had.

back on topic, helidos (same guy), I really liked what you had started talkin about with the current touch buttons on the epic. I personally don't want anything but palm, but perhaps, hpalm doesn't wow me with hardware, those other devices might be an option. I do however, think we will get a great device. Imo.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    helidos, may I simply ask, what are you doing? Literally, what are you posting here for? Did you read the thread? Did you think that sarcastic trashtalk about the pre, and spouting out adoption percentages has anything to do with the topic? just a few questions I had.

back on topic, helidos (same guy), I really liked what you had started talkin about with the current touch buttons on the epic. I personally don't want anything but palm, but perhaps, hpalm doesn't wow me with hardware, those other devices might be an option. I do however, think we will get a great device. Imo.
    I didn't say anything about the pre in my original post I just mentioned why would sammy aka samsung want webos when android is selling so well for them.. Because someone else mentioned licensing webos

Yet like always the Webos defense force come out of the wood works and can't stand people down talking any part of palm/webos/pre..

I have owned a pre since launch and have used one for the same amount of time as my primary phone.. But I do not own a pair of WebOS blinders like Webos defense force.

The epic is an incredible device and it would be pretty neat to see webos on it. But with the hardware difference it would be a huge undertaking to get webos running on it. Even though the touch sensitive buttons could be used as gesture area...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty View Post
    They have what they term "Tier 1" platforms that they are going to support. WebOS is not there.
    This is pretty obvious, but I've seen the same thing. I interviewed for a startup that had plans for their app on the iPhone and android. (I can't say the company name because their release strategy is not public.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Why not put webOS on a Samsung product? Let me think here a minute, lol, because webOS is owned by HP? Threads like these are funny and will even be more funnier next year.
    Yet like always the Webos defense force come out of the wood works and can't stand people down talking any part of palm/webos/pre..

I have owned a pre since launch and have used one for the same amount of time as my primary phone.. But I do not own a pair of WebOS blinders like Webos defense force.
    dude what are we supposed to do??...we like the phone and you hate it...when you talk crap about the pre are we supposed to just sit here nod our heads and agree with you???

should I just go against how I really and sincerely feel about the phone so that you can experience whatever thrills you get from posting your pre-hate on PREcentral.net???

im not on any dam defense force i just like the phone and its webos operating system...
    haters gonna hate
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    dude what are we supposed to do??...we like the phone and you hate it...when you talk crap about the pre are we supposed to just sit here nod our heads and agree with you???

should I just go against how I really and sincerely feel about the phone so that you can experience whatever thrills you get from posting your pre-hate on PREcentral.net???

im not on any dam defense force i just like the phone and its webos operating system...
    So what your saying is even though I have owned a pre since the day it was released and have been on these boards even before that I am supposed to sit here and only post thing that paint rainbows about webos.

If I want to post about the faults I have to keep my mouth shut even though it is the truth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast