Wow... people seem to be leaving webOS.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    poorly constructed if they are trying to figure out plans to switch. there is nothing that ties the two questions together or correlates the answer from one with the answer in the other.

if this was really telling a valid story, it would be showing webOS losing 50% of their base. However, it could just as easily be saying that the next wave of new smartphone buyers are less likely to buy webOS (which makes sense, because they probably haven't heard of it unless they came from a Palm PDA or Treo...)

as they say, "figures don't lie but liars figure"...
    Quite interesting. There was a report recently that webos had 4.9% marketshare. This poll shows us with 4.9 as well. It's nothing super special, but I'll take 5% over the reported 0 from a few months back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    poorly constructed if they are trying to figure out plans to switch. there is nothing that ties the two questions together or correlates the answer from one with the answer in the other.

if this was really telling a valid story, it would be showing webOS losing 50% of their base. However, it could just as easily be saying that the next wave of new smartphone buyers are less likely to buy webOS (which makes sense, because they probably haven't heard of it unless they came from a Palm PDA or Treo...)

as they say, "figures don't lie but liars figure"...
    Good point there, I was hoping the two would be linked somehow to show the loyalty of different users. I bet webos would be pretty high in loyal users. Most of the ship jumpers have already left.
    They also want to know what your next mobile OS will be. A chance to be counted!

http://arstechnica.com/staff/upstair...-to-switch.ars
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fixed link
    <fixed link for OP>

Voted - I'd much rather see people vote for this one than those other competitions. A good poll to demonstrate our love of webOS.
    Poll Technica: What mobile OS do you run? Any plans to switch?

"In today's Poll Technica, we want to know what OS your mobile phone runs. Not only that, we're curious as to what OS your next phone will rock."
    WebOS ---> iOS/Android

If Verizon gets the iPhone I'll switch to that but if not then Android it is.
    sorry ... can this be merged with the other threads. i didn't see the others.
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    If Palm doesn't come out with a phone to be delivered by end of the year, I will be forced to move to Android.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    yes, having a way to show the correlation between who's going from which OS to another would be nice. though, unfortunately, i'm pretty sure we all have a good idea of how that's working out.

for myself though, i just got my old Pre (minus) replaced in the last month of my one year of warranty, so i'm good to wait for the next webOS device. then i'll use my upgrade for that. and, if i like the size/form factor (i'm thinking in the 7-8 inch area), i'll add a line for a webOS tablet. might go galaxy tab if the webOS one isn't what i want to carry around (read: tweet from the seat, and snuggle up in bed with).