Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong - I am a palm fan since the Vx and LOVE WebOS. BUT!! No new hardware yet (I'm on the orig Sprint Pre) AND I'm with Dish and love it. So, now, here comes Google TV (Oh, I also have a PS3 and Logitech Harmony stuff - also partners with Google on this) and I seriously - make that mostly certainly - doubt an app for all this will show up on WebOS. Oh, if it could, me and my WebOS Tablet would be right there right now! But... I am a-feared the developmental stuff just will not happen. .... just saying and just worrying a bit 'cuz I do loves me some WebOS and all.
    Well can't blame you on this one.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm sticking this out until the end. I do sometimes feel the way you do. I'm a determing and also optimistic. I believe there is some big things in store for us. :-D
    I have certainly been hoping - and do think some good stuff will be there. I guess I really will wait for the next release of hardware - almost unbearable to think android, but....
    I mean if you use Google sponsored things, use Google to stay more connected. It's really up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    HP-Palm needs sales in the millions, which can happen with only multiple devices, which will happen in the next 6-8 months, which will lead to more developers wanting in, which will lead to better, functional and higher quality apps. This may or may not include the stuff that you want - so if you stick with WebOS, like any other platform, there will be pros and cons.
    With Matias Duarte at Google, I doubt that future releases of Android will be as clunky as past ones. I can't blame anyone who goes Google; I think Android is going to be the Windows of Mobile. webOS is probably going to be the Mac of Mobile: a superior OS with a small but dedicated community that loves the UI so much they're ready to accept relatively low app numbers.