1.    #1  
    I don't know if it is just me or is a bug that affects other devices. The thing is that I can't take screenshots of PDK apps. Well, they are taken but instead of showing the app, there is just a black image. I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.5.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
    Yup, this happens to me as well. Except even before the 1.4.5 update, any 3D games like the ones from EA, Gameloft, and Glu Mobile could not have screenshots taken with them as the active card (and using orange/white+sym+P).
    I've been bummed about that too since I wanted to use a "Thermal Pad" screenshot as background.
    I think this is a limitation of the PDK at the moment. You can take screenshots if you minimize the PDK card. As for thermal pad, I think it has an option to export the image you made to your pictures folder so you can set it as a background from there.
    It is due to the rendering used. Taking screenshots grabs a screenshot of the webkit rendering. This means that if you take a screenshot inside an app that is PDK, it will not capture the SDL/OpenGL element.

HOWEVER, PDK developers CAN build into their own app a method for taking "screenshots" if they wish to do so.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    A screenshot function in the OS ought to capture whatever is visible on the screen - no matter it's origin.

Went over to check Thermal pads function (if present) for grabbing the screen, but I couldn't even remember/manage to get to the settings ... 8o/
    I wonder when this changed? I remember taking a screenshot from Asphalt 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    A screenshot function in the OS ought to capture whatever is visible on the screen - no matter it's origin.
    In a perfect world, sure. Fact is you've always had to jump through hoops when taking screenshots of weirdly / specially rendered stuff... Last time I wanted to take a screenshot from a divX movie on my PC I had to download extra software to do it. No idea if that's still the case though, but it shows that it's not a trivial thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I've been bummed about that too since I wanted to use a "Thermal Pad" screenshot as background.
    Really? I've used the thermal pad app and have been able to take a screenshot.

I'll post it after my phone is done restarting.