Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this come up, but if it has, my apologies.

I recently started eschewing the Web Browser app and the Bookmarks function in favor of Adding a shortcut to the launcher. I was only using the browser for bookmarks, otherwise I'd just use Universal Search. I noticed that adding pages to the launcher causes them to appear in the Universal Search, while Bookmarks don't. This also allowed me to free up a spot on my quicklaunch bar (for Angry Birds). Using the 5x5 icons also means I get more 'bookmarks' per view in the launcher.

I'm wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch and if they've found any disadvantages.
    I'm sure it's more or less a personal preference, but I would be a little concerned that my launcher would be cluttered up with too many bookmarks.

I've thought about adding a launcher page just for bookmarks (I'm using 9 right now so there's room for one more), but haven't taken the time to try it yet.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I've done this for awhile now, it's the only way I've found to organize "bookmarks" in a sensible manner.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendilon View Post
    I haven't seen this come up, but if it has, my apologies.

I recently started eschewing the Web Browser app and the Bookmarks function in favor of Adding a shortcut to the launcher. I was only using the browser for bookmarks, otherwise I'd just use Universal Search. I noticed that adding pages to the launcher causes them to appear in the Universal Search, while Bookmarks don't. This also allowed me to free up a spot on my quicklaunch bar (for Angry Birds). Using the 5x5 icons also means I get more 'bookmarks' per view in the launcher.

I'm wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch and if they've found any disadvantages.
    I haven't found any disadvantages yet. My Launcher page of "bookmarks" is shown below:

Web Bookmarks_2010-16-09_103547.png
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I use an additional launcher page for all my bookmarks. I do 90% of my Pre use on that page and another right next to it (which has my most commonly used apps). I agree, if you had them spread out it would be a mess. Having Universal search bring them up right away has been a huge boon.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I lose my bookmark launcher pages every time I visit the doctor.