1.    #1  
    Hi,

Hope I have placed this query in the correct forum..

I will be staying at a hotel next week that does not offer free WiFi. Specifically what to do I have to do to use my phone as the browser for the notebook? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Are you using a Spint Palm Pre or a Verizon Palm Pre Plus or an AT&T Palm Pre Plus??
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmalena View Post
    Are you using a Spint Palm Pre or a Verizon Palm Pre Plus or an AT&T Palm Pre Plus??
    Sorry for not including that information. I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus.
    You probably want to download Verizon Mobile Hotspot and use your phone to tether your laptop
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    You probably want to download Verizon Mobile Hotspot and use your phone to tether your laptop
    I just opened up my launcher window and see that I have an icon called Mobile Hotspot. I must have installed this application awhile back and forgot about it. I need to take the laptop out outside somewhere and test drive this application in order to see if it works. Do I have to download Mobile Hotspot to the Notebook too?
    No, what the Mobile Hotspot does is to create a WiFi Hotspot around your phone, fed by it's 3G connection. All you need to do is designate a WiFi name and password in Mobile Hotspot, and then point your laptop to that WiFi network. Done
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    No, what the Mobile Hotspot does is to create a WiFi Hotspot around your phone, fed by it's 3G connection. All you need to do is designate a WiFi name and password in Mobile Hotspot, and then point your laptop to that WiFi network. Done
    Ahhhh. Thanks.
    sorry, but can I tether with a sprint pre ? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh7 View Post
    sorry, but can I tether with a sprint pre ? Thank you.
    yes. but dont tell sprint.
    Palm prē-ist.