1.    #1  
    Ok,
    so I left my phone alone for 10 minutes. I came back and it started updating itself!!! IDK what to do!!! I had a theme on it, and several patches. And a 1 ghz kernel. I'm extremely scared. Please help. PLEASE!!!
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    While it is downloading and before it installs delete the theme and the kernel. Go into Preware and update your saved packages. You should still be able to do that before the update installs. If not, you will still be able to get things going. I had to run Emergency Patch Recovery and eventually got everything up and running well again.
  3.    #3  
    Too late for me to take away the kernel and theme. I'll try Emergency Patch Recovery. This stinks I was waiting to update this weekend so I had some time.

Here to help and learn
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Yeh, I wish it wouldn't force the update.
    Don't worry just calm down.

Let it finish updating and if it doesn't boot up just turn it off. Hold the Up button and press the power. It'll go to the USB Emergancy mode and just doctor it.

Otherwise just doctor it after the update finishes, you should be able to use Preware and backup stuff in this situation.
    Heck I had my theme and Uberkernal running when i ran update.. both came out just fine... If i remember right rwhitby said the kernals are safe to do the update with.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  7.    #7  
    Ok.... this is gonna sound EXTREMELY stupid...
    But I really don't know how to get all my stuff back after a doctor. I mean, Palm is supposedly keeping your apps, but what about patches... and stuff. PLEASE. Directions would be helpful. Sorry for this newbishness.

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Ok.... this is gonna sound EXTREMELY stupid...
    But I really don't know how to get all my stuff back after a doctor. I mean, Palm is supposedly keeping your apps, but what about patches... and stuff. PLEASE. Directions would be helpful. Sorry for this newbishness.
    Go into the menu in Preware and create or update your "saved package list"

After doctoring, you will simply instal everything on your saved package list. every now and then you will have a patch conflict, but that's just a matter of figuring out which ones to install first.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Go into the menu in Preware and create or update your "saved package list"

After doctoring, you will simply instal everything on your saved package list. every now and then you will have a patch conflict, but that's just a matter of figuring out which ones to install first.
    But after doctoring, won't Preware be gone? And If I reinstall it... will it recognize it? And how do I get my other apps back??

Here to help and learn
  10.    #10  
    Please anyone!!!!!! Answer please!!!!

Here to help and learn
    Preware won't disappear, because of the update. You'll be fine.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yes, if you doctor it will be gone and you'll have to reinstall.

Use Save&Restore from Preware, your Palm Profile will put back you apps from the App Catalog.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13.    #13  
    Ok. I will do that. Thanks

Here to help and learn
  14.    #14  
    I went to run the doctor...
    It said it couldn't reset my phone!?!?! What did I do...?

Here to help and learn