Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    When I go to the Updates app, it sits at the message "Checking for updates..." for hours.

I am trying to get the WebOS update for Verizon Palm Pre Plus.

I have run EPR and restarted several times with no fix.

There are no phantom apps.

I have searched the forums for similar posts and haven't actually found a solution.

I am trying to avoid doing an Erase or WebDoctor.

Any suggestions???
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    No replies? Nobody else is experiencing this?
    Basically, when I go to the Updates app it tells me that "Application updates are now available."

Pretty normal stuff, but when I click the "Show Updates" button it brings me to the "My Applications" part of the app catalogue and there are no new updates.

My phone has been like this for a month or two. I recall from the 1.4.5 update that the phone would not install the OS update if there were pending app updates.

So with webOS 2.0 around the corner, I think I'm gonna be stuck with the "Show Updates" button and no way to get the OS updated.

Has anyone run into this? Can anyone tell me how to get the update some other way?

Many thanks in advance.

(running a Bell Palm Pre, Uberkernel @ 125/1000, many patches, can give more info if needed)

EDIT: thanks for moving this to the appropriate thread, my bad
    Last edited by vandassen; 02/02/2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: wrong thread
    its a known bug, you will see the update when its available. dont worry about it.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Yes I have the same issue. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Best way to check for true updates to apps is to open the App Catalog app, then tap on the shopping bag icon in the lower right corner. You'll see there the list of apps, and a "Install Updates" button will appear if there are any.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    From what I've understood of this, it happens when you have Homebrew apps installed on the phone. Is this true for any of you? Do you have apps installed thru Preware or WOSQI? My phone has done this thru many update versions now...
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    From what I've understood of this, it happens when you have Homebrew apps installed on the phone. Is this true for any of you? Do you have apps installed thru Preware or WOSQI? My phone has done this thru many update versions now...
    I wanna say the reason it happens is because an app which you have deleted, including the free and lite apps, has been updated. So when you go to the updates it says you have updates (because it queries the profile and it says there is an app which has updated since you last downloaded it), but when you go into the catalog it ignores the apps which you don't have installed.

So I would imagine you could try to fix it buy downloading every app you have in your profile and deleting them again.
    It's best not to use the Update App. Known issues not worth messing with.

Just open the app catalog and tap the little bag in the lower right corner. After a few seconds you will get an update button if you have any apps that need to update.

Also, you can initiate app updates from Preware.

<<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    its a known bug, you will see the update when its available. dont worry about it.
    Thanks for the info, looking forward to the update

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's best not to use the Update App. Known issues not worth messing with.

Just open the app catalog and tap the little bag in the lower right corner. After a few seconds you will get an update button if you have any apps that need to update.

Also, you can initiate app updates from Preware.
    Unfortunately, I need the Update app for OS updates, or is there another way? thanks for info
    I've posted a few places about this already looking for help...i think I'm having same prob...cannot buy or download free apps from app catalog, and when I tried checking for updates, there are about 8 of mine that get ready to update...but, just SIT! And I have that empty 'phantom' app at the top.of the list. NOW..i cannot even open any of those apps to use at all. There is .. an odd black spot on each one! WeiRD! Oh...and I am on a sprint pre' ' ( day1) and nothing extra on it. I'm deficient in tech skills..in fact most of the time I admit I don't know what you folks here are talking about..but I am here all the time reading & hoping I learn a bit at a time...lol anyway, thank you...and and any advice is appreciated