Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    So at work this morning, 2 friends of mine were sitting there bragging to each other. One had a Droid X, the other an IPhone 3GS. I joined their conversation and was telling them about WebOS and some of the really awesome features. So Danny, the Droid guy, is streaming a video from youtube and I thought: this would be a great time to show how great WebOS notifications are compared to Droid. So I sent him a text that said "Interrupt". A few seconds later the video stops, and everyone is like "AWW man" getting upset because the video had been completely shut down by the text I sent him. I told them, "Don't worry, I am simply illustrating why WebOS is so much better than Droid."

So I go to my videos, and start playing a video that I recorded and I asked Danny to send me a text now. It took a little while for the text to get to me and he started talking crap like "You can't get texts, what a nice feature." Then the phone vibrated, they watched the video not even knowing the text came through (only I knew since I was holding it). I stopped the video and basically said, when you watch a video on a Droid if you get a text the video is gone. If the same thing happens on WebOS, (I then minimized the video and showed them the notification.) I said, you can continue watching the video uninterrupted, and check your text, respond if you like, and go back to watching the video without ever having to close it. They were all amazed. BTW: his text to me read: <deleted by mod>. lol.

I then went on to show them some more notification/dashboard features such as having Music open and switching songs from the dashboard, all while checking a missed call, and text that just came through. While I still had a browser going that I never had to minimize. Needless to say, they were speechless. Then I showed them true multitasking with cards and universal search. It was a good day for me and WebOS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/15/2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    good work!
    nicely done. I didn't realize that the droids were that lame with notification. I thought I had read that they had a better notification than that. Do you know what version of android OS he had?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    He had the latest version for the Driod X. I believe he said 2.2