1.    #1  
    I had a full idea for an app today. I just can't make it. Would somebody be willing to make an app that basically turns your silent switch into an airplane mode switch? And the "silent off" would not turn the ringer on but just put it on vibrate (which is what "silent on" does normally).

And the app could toggle on/off without having the card open, so if you ever did want your ringer back, you could go into the app and revert.

I would be overjoyed if someone produced this. I would love to leave my phone in my apartment for school, but that's impractical. The next best option is turning the signal off when I'm in class/practicing/studying.

Let me know, anyone, if this seems practical or doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by snazzypadgett View Post
    I had a full idea for an app today. I just can't make it. Would somebody be willing to make an app that basically turns your silent switch into an airplane mode switch? And the "silent off" would not turn the ringer on but just put it on vibrate (which is what "silent on" does normally).

And the app could toggle on/off without having the card open, so if you ever did want your ringer back, you could go into the app and revert.

I would be overjoyed if someone produced this. I would love to leave my phone in my apartment for school, but that's impractical. The next best option is turning the signal off when I'm in class/practicing/studying.

Let me know, anyone, if this seems practical or doable.
    This has already been created and widely used and loved across the community! It's called Mode Switcher.

Check out the links in my signature below to get started.

EDIT: I see you don't have ten posts, so here are the links (not sure if this are hidden if your under 10 posts as well). Otherwise do a search for Mode Switcher.

Mode Switcher Wiki
    Mode Switcher Manual
    Mode Switcher Forum

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I got it all worked out and it's just what I was looking for. And so much more!