Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    After holding off for almost a month I finally went and installed preware and some patches. I love the added stuff to the phone....

However, I noticed the next day a notification that my "backup failed". i've noticed this each day since then.

Any common things from preware known to cause this? I'm on an AT&T GSM Pre Plus, and all the stuff I installed was from those articles on favorite preware patches and apps...
    Not that I am aware of, I have Preware, from the 2nd day I owned my phone and haven't had a problem.

Do you really rely on the Palm Profile?

You can actually have many more things backed up using some of the applications available from Preware, such as Save&Restore and the Pre Back-up Utility.

I use gmail to back-up all my contacts, too.

The Palm Profile backs up very minimal information.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    However, I noticed the next day a notification that my "backup failed". i've noticed this each day since then.
    Have you tried turning off backup, erasing it when it prompts you and then turning back on and performing a manual backup?
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Will try that.

As for relying on it, well, everything there pretty much came over my my exchange server anyway, so not really, but the prompt is annoying.
    That's a new problem to add to the backup application issues. Forum member Trekker has suggested one of the better ways of solving that issue.

best of luck.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The problem went away after installing 1.4.5...