Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    hey precentral, how about turning your mobile website into an awesome app for webOS 2.0? Since it will be such an easy process and all.
    I'd agree - I'd love to see the forums integrated into a native webOS app, but I don't think vBulletin allows this.
    It's always been kinda weird that the premier webOS blog and forum IS commenting about the lack of websites having webOS apps BUT doesn't have a webOS app.

There's an unofficial one, but eh, it's very amateurish and (sorry to say) I don't greatly care for it...

And if you can build a website, you can build a webOS app.
    What about TapaTalk addon for vBulletin?

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF

There is an iphone app, could it be..compiled to webOS?
    for that matter, just revamp the mobile site atleast.
    Your limited w/ vbulletin but not this limited.
    I would download it as soon as it hot the app store lol
    would be nice. Notifications for when new articles arrive, or someone replies to a post. Features like typing to find a thread or pinned threads. Ability to download stuff directly from app, just type a thread and have it turned into a thread in 2.0. Plus a slick ui to go with it
    I was wondering the same thing. The other two tech sites I follow are engadget and webOSroundup. Both have official apps, what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    would be nice. Notifications for when new articles arrive, or someone replies to a post. Features like typing to find a thread or pinned threads. Ability to download stuff directly from app, just type a thread and have it turned into a thread in 2.0. Plus a slick ui to go with it
    +1
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    [QUOTE=ryleyinstl;2657596]vBulletin compatible?

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/262525-announcing-tap-talk-tapatalk-client-webos.html

I was just coming here to do this very same thing. Has anyone tried it yet? It's very nice on the Iphone! This is great news.. But if it can be done, why is there not a better initiative to create a webOS PreCentral app? You know the PreCentral app will surely open the HomeBrew exposure and help people go to the greatest Pre community out there. Might help alot of switchers from doing so.
    It's not available until Sept 24th.

As for a P|C specific app...I do know there was a developer around here at one point who was interested in donating his time but either site admin wasn't interested or too busy to devote time to it.

Regardless...if this tap-talk app is any good on webOS then you can combine it with NewsRoom and basically your covered.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I use the Precentral Unofficial App i think its by JDF software
    check this new precentral app !

Check this Precentral post : http://m.forums.precentral.net/homeb...ntral-app.html