Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

How feasible you think will be to have Navigation implemented into WebOS?
    I recently saw my friend running it in street mode, it was simply awesome. Compared to that, as well the voice activated features, Sprint Navigation (or any other similar app) is nothing...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    That will depend on Google. So far only Android devices have it and it seems that it will stay that way. Google wants Android to have an edge over the competition.

I wouldn't say that Sprint Nav is 'nothing'. I was in NYC this week and had Sprint Nav in pedestrian mode working flawlessly.
    Last edited by RafRol; 09/11/2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Google now being in the systems business itself rather than just providing services for existing systems, it may be high time for other systems to become independent of Google. GMaps is a perfect example - why SHOULDN'T Google strive to provide the best experience on their own stuff? Don't Be Evil doesn't exactly mean Love Thy Neighbor And Turn The Other Cheek.

So if you ask me, Palm should spend some of their newfound manpower and finance on creating a webOS-specific navigation killer app that does everything, and then stop shipping Google Maps as a core app in webOS installs.
    But if they use OpenStreet for material, people will complain it doesn't have street view, and I'm not 100% sure if Google would be OK with Palm using GMaps data in such a scenario.
    BFGMaps (in the Beta Catalog) has point to point directions and street view.
    I understand that there are third party navigation apps in Europe and some being developed in the U.S. for WebOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I love the Sprint Navigation with the voice feature and turn by turn directions.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Thanks for mentioning this. I didn't know about it before, and I must say, it is quite awesome. I love having street view and bike routes. This is clearly superior to the pre-installed gmaps app.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    BFGMaps (in the Beta Catalog) has point to point directions and street view.
    I understand that there are third party navigation apps in Europe and some being developed in the U.S. for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I wouldn't say that Sprint Nav is 'nothing'. I was in NYC this week and had Sprint Nav in pedestrian mode working flawlessly.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Sprint Nav and use it almost every day. I was simply comparing it with the Google Nav.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I love the Sprint Nav. it is all I need, works awesome.