1.    #1  
    I know I can sent a PM with a list of EVERYTHING installed on my PP but why isn't their an easier way to fix this? Why can't Palm some how give us the option to update the list of apps we have installed to avoid conflicts.

And before someone says it I knoe using the 'shoppibg bag' works but that doesn't excuse the fact that Palm shoukd fix the issue which has been known for a LONG time.
    I believe the reason is an update occurs on a app you don't have downloaded, so it says there's an update for one of the Apps in your profile, while you expect to see the alert only when an installed app is updated.

It's probably a definition issue rather than a true bug, since it has been quite a while and still not fixed like you said.

Not to mention when there is a good work around and the issue is merely cosmetic it is obviously a low priority, and with webOS 2.0, there's alot of other priorities to work on right now. and probably has been for a while now.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    If you have Internalz, you can navigate to /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ and delete the installHistory.db file. Reboot your device and you will be set.

Worked for me at least.
    Why another post about something that has been discussed a hundred times, already?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    If you have Internalz, you can navigate to /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/ and delete the installHistory.db file. Reboot your device and you will be set.

Worked for me at least.
    Doesn't work for everyone... I've done it to without it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Why another post about something that has been discussed a hundred times, already?
    Because there is no combination of words that hasn't been said or thought under the sun. This is why human interaction is rarely framed in a DRY corset - if saying something has no merit after that something has already been said, we can all just go kill ourselves.

I mean, I get it... It's been asked before and there's a search function. But he's not taking away a lot of precious internet real estate, and nobody's forced to read it. It's a sensible question, and if it gets asked more often, Palm may at some point look into it. It's a pretty minor annoyance rather than a bug, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nothing wrong with voicing frustration about an issue. The other threads were asking about how to fix it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post

Worked for me at least.
    I tried that but it didn't work