View Poll Results: How should "voice commands" be added

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • In patch form

7 53.85%
  • In app form

6 46.15%
  1.    #1  
    I think that we Sprint users should have voice commands also. Weather it be by an app, or a patch. We deserve it as much as the Verizion and AT&T users! Who's with me?

~Patrick
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Big Red and Ma Bell customers have voice commands in webOS?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure. But if they do, then Sprint is the ONLY COMPANY that does not have VOICE COMMANDS
    Um Webos is the same across all carrier no one has voice commands. Unless you are talking about voice command service where you have to dial * and some number.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    I'm not sure. But if they do, then Sprint is the ONLY COMPANY that does not have VOICE COMMANDS
    So you made a thread when you had no idea what you were talking about?
  6.    #6  
    I know that on Verizion and AT&T there is blue-tooth voice commands. Like you can tell it who to dial and it will dial it. As it stands right now, Sprint doesn't have it.
  7.    #7  
    [QUOTE=063_xobx;2653734]So you made a thread when you had no idea what you were talking about?
    [IMG]

I do know what I'm talking about. Verizion and AT&T has voice commands. I didn't know that the Pre and Pixi were international...
    Just to be clear: Sprint doesn't have voice commands for WebOS devices. Sprint does have it for their other phones.

And yes, WebOS devices (Pre & Pixi) are found on international networks/carriers (Europe, etc).

I'm actually fine w/o voice commands. I never used it on my previous phone and I don't miss it all on this phone but to each their own.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just to be clear: Sprint doesn't have voice commands for WebOS devices. Sprint does have it for their other phones.

And yes, WebOS devices (Pre & Pixi) are found on international networks/carriers (Europe, etc).
    Yes they aren't on the WebOS devices but my old Sanyo Incognito and my mom's Blackberry has voice commands. And that's cool that they are international
    No webOS device has voice commands right now. the API's necessary haven't been released yet. Maybe with 2.0 we can get an app/patch to allow it, but not as things stand right now.

If you have other information, please provide a source.
    Okay...

Many devices, on most (if not all) carriers worldwide have voice command ability.

webOS does not have this ability at this time, with any carrier, in any country.

----

As for how they should be added....I'd vote for native capability.

<<Thread Renamed>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/10/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The Weather Channel is a free app what else do you want. Look outside and see if is raining. I didn't have voice dial when I bought the phone so why should I care if it is there or not. If they want to add it on a future upgrade fine but for me it is not a deal killer for a phone.
  13.    #13  
    well when you are driving, it is kind of nice to have
    Never used them with any phone and don't plan to!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!