1.    #1  
    So here is the back story. My friend at work recently got a Droid X (up from an original BB Storm, so yeah it is a HUGE improvement for him). I tried to sway him to a pre+ but honestly with the prospect of new hardware on the horizon, I don't blame him for skipping the pre+. I recently swapped the comm board from my sprint pre into a brand new pre+ I picked up, so I've been loving that. When Angry Birds came out, I of course had to brag about how it was on my phone and not his silly Droid.

Fast forward to last week, and the beta lite version of Angry Birds comes out for android. Of course he geeks out and dl's it within minutes of it being published. It is no sooner downloaded that he clicks the icon and gets the loading splash screen. He then immediately gets a text from his wife. HAHAHAH Reads it, replies, and of course has to re-launch the app. And, wait for it.... she texts him back again. By now he is ****ed. He replies and i say hang on and wait a minute. I tell him, now text me and watch. I launch Angry Birds, and get the splash screen when he sends the text. Game keeps loading, text comes in, game finishes loading. I minimize, read, reply with "I WIN" and switch back with an "advanced gesture" swipe and start playing.

All he can come back with is, "yeah, but my screen is bigger". This same thing has happened to him a couple other times since then, and every time I laugh and say webOS has the best notification system and multitasking, period. I wouldn't have iOS or Android, now lets just get some updated hardware and 2.0 out!
    Yes, but Android is about "choice". You can choose to download 3 mp3 players that all skip during playback. You can download 3 launchers that crash with regularity. You can download 18 battery widgets because you can't tell how much juice you have from the notifications area.... android uber alles? or would you prefer having limited and sometimes no options but something that just works right?
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Mine works more like:
    Launch Asphalt
    Play
    Get text
    Game starts to lag badly
    Finally get to the messaging app
    Try to type a message but have to correct errors due to Verizon keyboard issues
    Send message
    Advanced swipe back
    *wait*
    Tap resume and start playing again

I'm overclocked to 1ghz using F105 and still have issues with lag. If only Palm would hurry up and speed things up and fix all of the bugs then webOS woukd be the best.
    He should have said,"Yeah but I have __(insert a bajillion useful apps the Pre doesn't have here)____"
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I literally was telling the exact same story today to a co-working about me with my EVO. Angry Birds is so addicting. I definitely miss WebOS. I can't wait to sell the EVO as soon as the new Palm hardware comes out. I just couldn't take visiting Sprint everyday for a new PRE because of the headset issue and other things.

Androids lack of "true multitasking" and menus on menus on menus and UI is so terrible compared to WebOS. Once Palm announces that new hardware....the EVO is going on craigslist and Ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Mine works more like:
    Launch Asphalt
    Play
    Get text
    Game starts to lag badly.....

I'm overclocked to 1ghz using F105 and still have issues with lag. If only Palm would hurry up and speed things up and fix all of the bugs then webOS woukd be the best.
    not sure why it would lag like that if you're overclocked...unless you were charging or have a tons of old texts, emails, call history...ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    not sure why it would lag like that if you're overclocked...unless you were charging or have a tons of old texts, emails, call history...ect.
    Yeah definitely sounds like there is another issue there. My pre plus fly's when its over clocked to 1Ghz no lag to speak of.
    did you enable compcache??? Crap my gf's pixi doesn't easy lag anymore. Nor do the 3 pres I have on my account.
    my pre lags with 800mhz when im running youtube, video, pandora and fuel for about 2 hours..i actually got the TMC while trying to open Govnah to bump it to 1Ghz, tried it again and it opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    did you enable compcache??? Crap my gf's pixi doesn't easy lag anymore. Nor do the 3 pres I have on my account.
    Actually enabling Compcache creates lag, I remember one of the guys was talking about this. It doesn't crash anymore since it can allocate memory, but it takes time to allocate the memory.

I've actually turned off Compcache since I moved to the Plus and it's noticeably smoother than my original.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually enabling Compcache creates lag, I remember one of the guys was talking about this. It doesn't crash anymore since it can allocate memory, but it takes time to allocate the memory.

I've actually turned off Compcache since I moved to the Plus and it's noticeably smoother than my original.
    yes, this is true for me also. compcache disabled = smoother UI for me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    He should have said,"Yeah but I have __(insert a bajillion useful apps the Pre doesn't have here)____"
    I literally have every "useful" app I can think of needing on my phone. For me, that is. I'm sure there are things still missing for people, but for me, it has everything I need, plus tons of fun stuff (games) that android doesn't really have yet. Having tons and tons of apps doesn't make a great phone.
    I have lots of stories about how I show off my 1ghz Sprint launch day Pre to others and they are blown away. My best story was being @ a recent seminar where one guy was showing off his Evo and putting down three other Pre and Pre Plus owners. So in come super Pre up for the challenge. He does the ....I can make calls and do internet thing. I (already connected to hotel wifi) make a call and get directions from internet like he does. I was like when did the Pre get that...I gave in and said I was on hotel wifi and gave him that one. On my turn I whipped out Angry Birds, M:Mafia, and made a text (no lag). Came back and played M:Mafia, got a reply text while playing, answered text, came back to M:Mafia and finished fighting, tossed it away, replied to text, tapped Angry Birds, started playing, received phone call (text person to call me), yaked for about five minutes on my bluetooth while playing Angry Birds. Asked him to do that with his Evo....he tried and it was a train wreck. I even had people who wanted to get the Evo just have a look of disappointment on there faces...priceless. Then I told them I been have this for almost 2yrs and the brand new android phone can't top my Palm Pre.....you just wait until the new phone. If I were a salesman I probably would have had numerous Pre pre orders already. Also to top it off I hooked up the other Pre's to precentral, webosQI, Preware, and uber. My job is done fine citizens go and teach the others the world of Pre-ness (in a deep super hero voice).
    I visited a sprint store yesterday a saw that all of the Palm phones were sold out and there were no displays to see. Does this mean Palm will be releasing some new hardware soon? I will not be upgrading anytime soon even if the new hardware came out today. I am looking forward to WebOS 2.0. By the way I went into the Sprint store to see the Epic 4G. The screen is very nice but that's all I can say about it. I am sticking with Palm. Hopefully when WebOS 2.0 comes out the main stream iphone and Android addicts will see how superior WebOS is to those plarforms.
    I doubt the sales people know about this and many other functions of the Pre. Thanks for the info.
    I solved the headset issue with my Pre. Stick the headphone jack in halfway and then pull it out. It's somewhat of a pain but it works. It sure beats taking my Pre into sprint.
    I hope HP will push all of the advantages of WebOS over other platforms. HP does have the money to push a huge marketing campaign. There is no reason why Palm can't be the #1 platform in 3 years. WebOS is so superior.