View Poll Results: should Palm release 1.4.5 webOS dr for att & vzw?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!

29 72.50%
  • no, they should play the game and wait till it gets approved

8 20.00%
  • whats 1.4.5?

3 7.50%
  1.    #1  
    since prior versions have security issues, from a legal stand point, whos liable? Palm? Verizon? At&t? the devil? Palm should just step out with webOS dr 1.4.5 for att and vzw. when they had updates for palmOS, they offered it, yet it wasnt ota, why does it have to be now? did they still have to be approved?

there is a poll ^
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/09/2010 at 07:52 AM.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I voted yes, even though it doesn't affect me as I'm on Sprint.

All of us Sprint users can attest, however to the stability of the update (especially since the ONLY issue - FSTAB - doesn't come up if you doctor).

I can't even fathom what Verizon and AT&T are waiting for at this point. :\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Yes, its all part of the global conspiracy by "The Man" to keep the Palm down. AT&T and Verizon are lackeys for Apple and Google respctively. A&G are just jealous of our superior operating system...VIVA LA REVOLUTION (and not that stupid Win7 Mobile Revolution...don't get me started there.)
    Why is it Verizon & ATT subscribers have to suffer so much, when sprint customers don't. I voted yes, because a lot of Problems/Issues can't be fix any other way. Webos doctor is the best tool for our phones.
    Isn't it?

I had to doctor my phone after the VZW update...and I did.

I have the Pixi Plus, are you wanting it for the Pre Plus?
    RUSH,

I think the answer is simple. None of the Big Three really give a darn about their customers...they just want our money. Sprint has fewer customers so we were less of an incovenience to their busy schedules (pushing Android and wishing for iPhone) hence they rolled 1.4.5 Verizon is too fat dump and happy with Android to push 1.4.5 and AT&T? I think AT&T is still trying to figure out how to do an OA push PERIOD. Plus they really want me to dumb my lovely Pre for a crappy iPhone. Told me so they day I bought it..."What's a Palm Pre Plus? Dude,you should get an iPhone. Are you sure you know what you want Mr Customer? I get much beter spiffs for selling iPhones... to be honest I don't even know how to turn on or set-up a Pre...get the iPhone..."
    Last edited by JRoseman; 09/09/2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Isn't it?

I had to doctor my phone after the VZW update...and I did.

I have the Pixi Plus, are you wanting it for the Pre Plus?
    For VZW, 1.4.5 is currently only available for the Pixi+, so if the OP has a Pre+, then yeah you're SOL (sorry OP) for now.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    There is a reason for carrier approval of OS updates and not asking a manufacture to take the responsibility for the proper functionality for each carrier. We are all aware that there are distinct differences in the operation of each carrier and the need for them to approve the validity of operation for each device and Operating System. If Palm tried to do an end around on Verizon or AT&T they would never sell another device on that carrier again.

Having said that; I feel that Verizon and AT&T are not acting in good faith when they take clients money but then delay basic services such as OS updates. Companies like Verizon and AT&T have the resources to evaluate and expedite OS updates. Looking at the Web, Palm is not the only company that Verizon is delaying OS updates on. BlackBerry and Android updates are also overdue.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  9.    #9  
    I'm the op, and I have sprint. I'm looking at it from the developer side of things. The webOS market got really small if your using the PDK. How can Palm attact developers when the so many of the users can't even buy their product, much less know it exists?
    More or less I'm just saying Palm has some resources now, they should handle their own updates from now on. Hp has the resources and I hope they go for it with the up coming ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I'm the op, and I have sprint. I'm looking at it from the developer side of things. The webOS market got really small if your using the PDK. How can Palm attact developers when the so many of the users can't even buy their product, much less know it exists?
    More or less I'm just saying Palm has some resources now, they should handle their own updates from now on. Hp has the resources and I hope they go for it with the up coming ecosystem.
    Yeah from a developer stand point as you mentioned, that hurts.
    Also looking at some of the patches that give you awesome tweaks and changes, etc... (e.g. Advanced Configuration for App Launcher & Top Bar patches from Sconix), they've (patches) been updated for 1.4.5. For those waiting for 1.4.5, they are missing out. Some of the older versions of those and other patches still work for 1.4.1.1, etc..., but are missing out on the updates, bug fixes, etc...

As you stated, with the resources behind them (palm) now, they should be able to control this better.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Since some stuff is carrier specific, in any update, Palm won't be the ones releasing it to everyone, without carrier approval.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!