Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My building uses an intercom system that allows residents to buzz in visitors via pressing 9 on their phones after picking up the call from the intercom.

The problem is, I've tried to buzz myself in, and even though you hold down a key and it makes the sound like you're holding it down on the phone; when you hear through the intercom it only makes the tone for a fraction of a second.

In effect, my phone will not allow me to buzz people into my building!

Is there any fix for this?
    I'm assuming this was a problem with your last mobile phone as well? Sounds like you need to send a long tone....Google that, as I have told you as much about it as I know.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Nope not a problem with my last mobile phone. Both of my roommates have iPhones and neither have problems with the intercom.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Googled "send long tones palm pre" as you suggested. Found that you can go into phone preferences and change DTMF tones to "long" instead of "short".

I will try this when I get home. Thanks for the help.
    open the phone prefs, change DTMF tones to long. I bet that fixes it.
    Nicer than the building like that, that I used to be in. They made you get a landline and would only code the door to that one number, we couldn't use our cell phones to buzz-in.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!