Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I was trolling around for interesting webOS tidbits when I found this discussion board mentioned in the guest article on the Official Palm Blog by Rahul Sood.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15251&uid=32915930478

An hour or so ago he added a really nice response to some of the commets left by the webOS community. I especially liked where he said:

"BTW, I am currently using webOS 2.0 on a daily basis, I'm very bullish about it ----**
    Roland, Fritz, Guilaume.... I'm sorry you've been disappointed with webOS, but I'd like to offer a counterpoint. I had a partner meeting today with a major hardware vendor from the valley. One of the guys sitting across the table was talking about the benefits of Android and wondered why we didn't release an Android phone... I was like "Are you kidding me??" - then I showed him my device, shared with him the cards, multitasking, and I offered a general use case scenario using the calender, email, phone, and a game for fun..by the end of a 5 minute demo he was sold. He now gets why HP PSG is investing massive resources into Palm and webOS. "

Go over to the Palm FaceBook page to see the entire post.

http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com

-- Sent from my palm Pre
    interesting...thx for the read
    "You have to use it to fully appreciate it. It's like wearing velvet..." Hmmmm
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    then I showed him my device,
    Device, not your Pre Rahul? Yes, I may be reading too much into that single word. Still, it's fun to do so.

Stay tuned as products that utilize the new features of webOS 2.0 are brought to market - both by Palm and third-party developers.
    Here I think I initially did read into this comment too much. The way it is worded almost sounds like 3rd party hardware manufacturers are being talked about. Re-read it though and this comment comes right after a sentence talking about the SDK beta, so I calmed myself down realizing he probably meant 3rd party apps with that comment.
    @ Cringer:

I think you're right about the use of the term device - that's how I read it, too. Maybe it's the roadrunner seen in those developer logs.
    Nice find. After webOS 2.0 drops, and it defends the masses from the evil Andriodians and Applonians, I'm going to paint my Pre green with yellow designs and call it "Kick-*****".

http://blog.newsarama.com/gallery/al.../kick-ass3.jpg

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I hope the forthcoming Palm device is the Voodoo PC of smartphones.
    I love how enthusiastic he is about WebOS in general. Having someone in that position with that kind of excitment about the product I think bodes well for all of us users.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    agree with spader above. having someone of authority like Rahul Sood is a good thing for webos
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    @ Cringer:

I think you're right about the use of the term device - that's how I read it, too. Maybe it's the roadrunner seen in those developer logs.
    That's the first thing I thought when I read this too, now we just need to get the paparazzi after Rahul, so we can get are first new device pics
    this is awesome.
    The best is yet to come.... More and better from HP|Palm. :-D (btw) Thanks for the post.
    somebody should make a video of that webOS 2.0
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    That's the first thing I thought when I read this too, now we just need to get the paparazzi after Rahul, so we can get are first new device pics
    Hopefully that won't break any NDA's
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    "You have to use it to fully appreciate it. It's like wearing velvet..." Hmmmm
    that was probably my favourite quote too. They should make it the new slogan for webOS - it's like wearing velvet" I don't think i've ever worn velvet, what's it like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenczy View Post
    I don't think i've ever worn velvet, what's it like?
    it's like webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenczy View Post
    ....I don't think i've ever worn velvet, what's it like?
    Something like using a Palm Pre I suspect.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who gets mad when these guys keep gushing over 2.0 when 1.4.5 is being held hostage? Right now I have no reason to believe that I'll even receive 1.5, so I can't really care about 2.0 yet. It's like a slap in the face.
    next palm ad- Palm Predator - (i can wish)
    mike tyson [shot of head] says ''palm webOS, to use it; is to fully appreciate it. like velvet" then a big finger slides across and now he's full screen and draped head to toe in orange velvet and he says "niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!"
    lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    so what peeked my interest in Rahul's response was this bit:
    "Jonathan, while I won't comment on specific aspects of webOS 2.0 or unannounced hardware, the platform continues to gain functionality and I'd suggest keeping your eyes peeled."

the reason this was interesting to me was because this is what I believe he was responding to:

"Jonathan Voice activated apps and commands are a huge issue for me. I am constantly on the road and in my car. I use my Blue Ant headset to answer calls and hang up, but it is frustrating that I cannot use all the features my little $100 device has to offer. Voice would create parity with other phones. I would love to see HDMI and 4G support on the next generation of phone ..."

it almost seems like he is implying they are working on voice activated commands and could be a feature that might show up in 2.0. We already know from the webosroundup podcast #10 Rahul said he really wanted that functionality from android in a webos phone.

maybe I'm analyzing this thing to death because I would love to see Palm meet every major dev the two big platforms have and then surpass with the innovative stuff we already know is coming in 2.0.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast