Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    so what peeked my interest in Rahul's response was this bit:
    "Jonathan, while I won't comment on specific aspects of webOS 2.0 or unannounced hardware, the platform continues to gain functionality and I'd suggest keeping your eyes peeled."

the reason this was interesting to me was because this is what I believe he was responding to:

"Jonathan Voice activated apps and commands are a huge issue for me. I am constantly on the road and in my car. I use my Blue Ant headset to answer calls and hang up, but it is frustrating that I cannot use all the features my little $100 device has to offer. Voice would create parity with other phones. I would love to see HDMI and 4G support on the next generation of phone ..."

it almost seems like he is implying they are working on voice activated commands and could be a feature that might show up in 2.0. We already know from the webosroundup podcast #10 Rahul said he really wanted that functionality from android in a webos phone.

maybe I'm analyzing this thing to death because I would love to see Palm meet every major dev the two big platforms have and then surpass with the innovative stuff we already know is coming in 2.0.
    palm did say more api's would be available....just sayin
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Wasn't there some option uncovered in 1.4.5 that made people think of voice? I want to say I remember seeing something that was linked about a config file.... I could be off-base though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenczy View Post
    I don't think i've ever worn velvet, what's it like?
    Velvet is special. You can crush it, so you shouldn't sit on it. You shouldn't iron it, or wash it in the washing machine. Seems like good advice for our devices also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Am I the only one who gets mad when these guys keep gushing over 2.0 when 1.4.5 is being held hostage? Right now I have no reason to believe that I'll even receive 1.5, so I can't really care about 2.0 yet. It's like a slap in the face.
    Right now you don't have any reason to believe there WILL be an 1.5 - and I don't understand why anyone would be unable to "gush" over a huge, major update like this because they didn't get a very minor one in a timely manner.

Not to sound overly harsh, but I'll repeat the mantra you Americans dispensed so freely when us Europeans complained we weren't getting the Pre for four months; when we weren't getting any apps; when the US got 50% off: "suck it up and stop complaining".
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    palm did say more api's would be available....just sayin
    Yes - they did say that, back in September 2009. And here we are one year later, with the WebOS 2.0 SDK out, and the same APIs are missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Voice would create parity with other phones. I would love to see HDMI and 4G support on the next generation of phone ..."
    Sounds reasonable to me...

Voice, HDMI, and 4g would all be great, but then I know a guy in my area with an EVO and Sprint doesn't even offer it hear yet. From what I've head 4g is only available in 15 large cities scattered across the country...so the whole 4g this and 4g that doesn't mean much to me. Don't get me wrong, doesn't mean I don't want it, I'm just not expecting miracles any time soon.

Voice commands and automation would be FANTASTIC and easily help level the playing field. HDMI would also be great or maybe Docking Interface that would allow me to mount my Pre or Pre 2, charge inductively, and interface directly with our PCs and big screen/stereo system. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes - they did say that, back in September 2009. And here we are one year later, with the WebOS 2.0 SDK out, and the same APIs are missing.
    The webOS 2.0 SDK is not out, a beta version is out. A beta version that Palm has said is still missing many features that developers will have in the final SDK.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12