Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I've dug around a bit and haven't seen a similar thread, but if one is out there let me know and I'll ask there.

I was hoping to hold off on this until after 2.0 comes out, but it looks like I have to Doctor my phone tonight. There's a known bug dealing with specific contacts and not being able to send them an SMS, and it sounds like the advice is "doctor it" and that solves the problem. Since I actually need to text this contact, it's not a problem I can ignore anymore.

This will be the first time I've doctored my phone, and I've had it for about 13 months. There isn't a lot of customization, but I do have a few apps that I'll probably need to backup the data so I can restore the phone faster. Of note are:

- Shopping List
    - Checkbook
    - drPodder

There are others things installed, but I don't see them as problematic.

Also, no Preware. If this process goes well I may consider adding it when I get back from a trip next week. Otherwise I'm waiting until 2.0 (personal perference, really)

So - any tips for someone who's choosing to wipe his phone?
    Follow all instructions, and make sure phone is in Recovery Mode. Here is the procedure: Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs. The process usually takes 20mins, more or less depending on your battery percent.
    Ps. Having preware on your phone~would be one of the best thing you ever did.
    Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Follow all instructions, and make sure phone is in Recovery Mode. Here is the procedure: Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs. The process usually takes 20mins, more or less depending on your battery percent.
    Ps. Having preware on your phone~would be one of the best thing you ever did.
    Best of luck.
    Once you get Preware (hoping you do), get the Save/Restore app.
    checkbook has a built-in import/export account feature but like the above posters said i would recommend preware and save/restore for a smoother doctor process
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips! I'll probably start it in about an hour and give a heads up to the thread on any lessons I learned in the process.

As for Save/Restore, based on my understanding of that tool as well as the bug it would have preserved the problem. It has something to do with that specific contact's entry in the sqlite3 database. The people who find it are the ones attempting to text that one contact in a sea of hundreds.

So, yeah, by doing a Doctor I'm just hoping the bug hits someone I don't need to text.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Okay, the phone is back and operational. I'm surprised to see that my storage space was backed up - even the mp3 files that were stored there. On the flip side I'm a bit shocked to find that most of my phone numbers were lost. Or, more accurately, the ones added to Synergy from my phone. I'm a bit peeved about that.

In all a pretty painless operation.