View Poll Results: When will HP/Palm roll out WebOS 2.0 roll out?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between now and the end of October 2011

28 21.05%
  • November 2010

57 42.86%
  • December 2010

24 18.05%
  • January 2011 or later

24 18.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm sure Rod has at least one Pre running 2.0 already, but he won't say anything since he's under NDA.
    Who's rod???
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Who's rod???
    You are joking, right?

WebOsInternals = Rod Whitby
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Not soon enough...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Probably not till the beginning of next year.

Remember, Palm said we would be getting flash at the halfway point of this year.. don't see that happening. My exact guess will be January 26th.
    I've been wondering what the timing of the release of 2.0 and new hardware would be, if new hardware is in fact the works. If the info about the Pre seeing the end of its life on Verizon in October is correct, then I'd guess that something to replace it would come out right about then. If it weren't for the fact that it looks like the Pixi is hanging around on Verizon, then I'd be more worried that there wasn't a replacement for the Pre (still worried).

I would bet anything that any new hardware would come out with 2.0. I just don't know if current users would get 2.0 before or afterwards, but I would lean towards a month or two after the new hardware comes out with it. The advantage to giving current users 2.0 before the new hardware is that they have a chance to get some of the bugs ironed out before a major release of new hardware. But I think the marketing folks would win out and want a new phone with a new OS that nobody else has. Based on the end of life of the Pre in October for Verizon supposedly, I'd guess new hardware with 2.0 in October, and the current Pre and Pixi get 2.0 in December or January.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Probably not till the beginning of next year.

Remember, Palm said we would be getting flash at the halfway point of this year.. don't see that happening. My exact guess will be January 26th.
    Flash is not built by palm. webOS 2.0 is built by palm. Big difference...

However, im still putting my eggs in a basket for after jan ces 2011, it sucks but this is what I see happening. Palm coming out at ces once again and smashing the competition, webos 2.0, webos tablet, webos 2.0 hardware. BANG POW BOOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    However, im still putting my eggs in a basket for after jan ces 2011, it sucks but this is what I see happening. Palm coming out at ces once again and smashing the competition, webos 2.0, webos tablet, webos 2.0 hardware. BANG POW BOOM.
    The only thing is that Palm is pretty desperate for market share, especially for phones. If they have something ready in October or November, they might feel pressured to put things out as soon as they can. If they had a strong market share currently, then I think they'd have more flexibility in timing releases.
    Have you even researched Palm? lol

Palm has never released a device because they felt pressure, and apparently they are not going to let pressure cause them to release a device before they are ready.
    Palm and HP share a very secret side that they use very well.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Ask Paul the psychic octopus.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    2.0 and Black ops on the same day!
    what a day that would be.
    My friggin' head would explode. Picking up my Black Ops copy while hitting the Check Updates button finally brings results and I start to download 2.0 to my Pre. Or, picking up my new Palm phone with 2.0 and then heading over to pick up Black Ops. Either way, I would get home and would just freeze as I wouldn't know what the hell to play with first.
    Just seen (but not read, or even held) a print-out of webOS 2.0 specs in an O2 UK store. Does this suggest imminence? Store guy wouldn't let me too close, but I saw not much more than what's already leaked: stacks, just type, exhibition, expansion of synergy, PDK+ (possibly? hard to tell upside down)... He said he'd only just received it and not properly read it, but did mention staff training, which may have just meant the literature, not hands-on... I 'enquired' about 2nd gen hardware and he seemed completely unaware of anything. Interestingly, when he sold me my Pre Plus, he was an Android guy, but today he was packing a Pre Plus instead! He said he's a recent convert, & he hadn't homebrewed yet, because he's waiting for 2.0? Chicken. I proudly told him I was at 1Ghz...
    Now that we have to deal with HP, who knows....sigh.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
  13. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Poll is closing soon --- and it appears we may know soon who the winner is.
    WebOS 2.0 to land in November with announcements of more enhancements by the time of CES. WebOS 2.1.0 with any luck.
    Sure hope so by November, hopefully before Thanksgiving. Getting impatient!
  16. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    ttt . . . and the rumors of Pre2 delivery are matching up. . . . tic toc~
    now that sprint has removed the pre from its site, is sprint going to bother with updates?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    now that sprint has removed the pre from its site, is sprint going to bother with updates?
    I doubt it. I can't imagine they will allow their test engineers to certify an update for a phone that they've already made their money on. In fact... I'd be completely amazed if they did it. I've never seen another phone receive an update after it was EOL'd by sprint.
    I predict late December or early January for US users.
  20. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    All who replied . . . help decide the winner with the latest news . . . I guess there was NO winner except those that didn't see it happening!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12