1.    #1  
    Just recently I found a pretty cool app called JdiStars. Basically a star map based on your current location and time of day. It has a night mode(red light) and zoom, a few star names etc.

There is a program I have on my computer called Stellarium and was wondering what the possiblities of something like that being made into an app?

EDIT: was talking to somebody on the IRC (freenode #stellarium) and they said if webOS supported QT and opengl then supposedly it should compile fine

It has been recently updated on the wiki page on how to compile svn from the bzr source

These are things I have no clue about, but I'm about to do some reading and see if I can't figure something out
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/04/2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2.    #2  
    just noticed here that this is available for iPhone. So this must be 'easily' ported over to webOS with the new PDK?? I say easily with quotes because I'm not sure how easy it really is, but obviously there is a mobile application out there.

EDIT:

18/06/2010
    Switch to bazaar Version Control System
    The source code of Stellarium is now managed by Bazaar instead of Subversion. This change should ease new developers to create and maintain specific changes in parallel to the main code trunk thanks to the powerful distributed nature of bzr.
    See https://code.launchpad.net/~stellarium/stellarium/trunk for accessing the new repository.

08/06/2010
    Stellarium 0.10.5 available for Ubuntu 10.04
    Stellarium 0.10.5 binary packages are now available for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx through a Launchpad PPA (Personal Package Archive).

Stellarium's Ubuntu Releases PPA can be found at Launchpad:
    https://launchpad.net/~stellarium/+a...arium-releases

To get the updated Stellarium packages, you can either:

a) use the Software Sources utility to add the "ppa:stellarium/stellarium-releases" line to the list of software sources, and then use the Synaptic package manager or the Ubuntu Software Center to update Stellarium's packages.

b) open a terminal and run some commands:

To add the PPA to the list of repositories:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stellarium/stellarium-releases

and then, to look for package updates:

sudo apt-get update

As the Launchpad PPAs are not as extensively mirrored as Ubuntu's main repositories, downloading the packages may be slow. If the download halts, cancel and restart the installation. In most cases, the download's progress will be saved and it will continue from the point it stopped.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/04/2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Just some more info I found
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    webOS does support both qt (framework in preware) and openGL.

To have something like this would be awesome, but SO much better on a device with an accelerometer, so it knows where you're pointing...
  4.    #4  
    sorry for bringing this back to the front, but I found some more useful information( I hope) that will HOPEFULLY catch a developers eye and maybe make this a reality
    hmm well it is possible certain things will have to be scaled down of course though. You probably wouldn't have such a nice day/night shader effect. And the textures would have to be lowered to a smaller size so they use less memory, and although the code is all there it would take a developer sometime to port I think.

-Toaster
    My understanding is that Qt was considered but rejected. Too bad. Stellarium on the iPad would be killer. Maybe Astromist will get ported from PalmOs. That is another good one.