1.    #1  
    HELP!
    I have a Palm Pixi and I purchased 3 songs using the Amazon MP3 app last night. I got the 'retry error' almost immediatly for all 3 of them, so I hit retry and the same thing happened over and over again. This morning I checked again, and now the songs are not downloadED, downloadING, or giving me any kind of retry option. I tried restarting the app, restarting Luna, restarting Java, and restarting the phone, but nothing is working.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Does anyone know how to make these downloads start up again?

I bow before the superior knowledge of the Precentral forums!

THANKS!
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyplowden View Post
    HELP!
    I have a Palm Pixi and I purchased 3 songs using the Amazon MP3 app last night. I got the 'retry error' almost immediatly for all 3 of them, so I hit retry and the same thing happened over and over again. This morning I checked again, and now the songs are not downloadED, downloadING, or giving me any kind of retry option. I tried restarting the app, restarting Luna, restarting Java, and restarting the phone, but nothing is working.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Does anyone know how to make these downloads start up again?

I bow before the superior knowledge of the Precentral forums!

THANKS!
    Maybe an obvious question, but just to make sure, did you make sure have room left on the Pixi to download the songs? Open the Device Info "app", and check how much memory is left available on the phone. It could be that the files are too large to download given the other files you already have on the phone?
    i had a similar issue a few weeks ago, ended up being a problem with the credit card i had on file. check your amazon account and try re-entering info or changing card altogether.
  4.    #4  
    I have plenty of memory left on the device, AND my credit card has already been charged for the purchase, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.
    I may be wrong, since I've never used it, but I think I read where it will only download the songs over WiFi.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    i had a similar issue a few weeks ago, ended up being a problem with the credit card i had on file. check your amazon account and try re-entering info or changing card altogether.

You may have something there, I tried downloading one song from the app to test out Music Player Remix, the app or web site didn't recognize my card until I logged in on my laptop. So I downloaded it and transferred it to my pre via usb mode.
    Yes, just double checked that info, you can buy and que the songs over 3G, but only download via a WiFi connection.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    That hasn't been true in a long time. 1.1 or something like that enabled buying songs over 3G.
    I'm having this problem now I bought an album and they were getting download on WIFI, then I moved away from it and some of it download it on EVDO, the rest are stuck under downloads. Any ideas how to make them download?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm having this problem now I bought an album and they were getting download on WIFI, then I moved away from it and some of it download it on EVDO, the rest are stuck under downloads. Any ideas how to make them download?
    I had this issue and had to write to Amazon customer support. The download had gotten stuck for some reason and needed to be reenabled from amazon's side.

I still wasn't able to download them from my Pre, but was able to do it on the computer and save them over to the Pre without incident.

Unfortunately the songs still stayed in my download queue until I doctored for some reason.

nnb