1.    #1  
    from twitter:

FREE webOS Phones on All Carriers Until Midnight on HP Central

Smartphone Sale!

Now they wanna give them away. Darn! ^_^
    Great, just ordered one for my wife! Thanks!

Now when the new webOS 2 phone arrives, she won't have to settle for my old Pre!
    I see pandas.
    No, actually they are paying us for buying with $50 gift card (plus TS if getting a PP)
    I see pandas.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Sales must be pretty bad when you have to resort to giving a phone away to get new customers...maybe this is a wake up call hp/Palm no one wants to buy this old outdated junk.
    I think they are just helping carriers to clear out inventory to make room for the new hotness we are all expecting them to launch in the next few weeks.

It's a nice gesture of partnering for HP to help move carrier inventory.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Sales must be pretty bad when you have to resort to giving a phone away to get new customers...maybe this is a wake up call hp/Palm no one wants to buy this old outdated junk.
    This is probably clearing inventory for new devices. If sales were tanking the $0 would be a permanent move, not a temporary move.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I have to agree with workerb33 and honis. Their just making room for a device that will change our lives forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    I have to agree with workerb33 and honis. Their just making room for a device that will change our lives forever.
    forever? only if it includes an ABW.
    I see pandas.
    So, Kinster if your phone is such junk why not buy another phone and quite whinning,

I have had my pre for over a year and am quite happy with it. And a question for PrinceAlbert what is a ABW?
    Auto Bu** Whiper
    I see pandas.
    I got a free pixi on Sprint a few months ago, now I am stuck with the dang pixi until next contract renewal
    The Everything Data plan was the route I went when upgrading to a Pre last summer... but my wife was still stuck using a lame LG Rumor. This deal was perfect -- she got a free Pre, and it doesn't affect my yearly incentives to upgrade my phone.

Plus, let's be honest... when you've been with the same carrier for 11 years, what are the chances you're really going to need to get out of your contract in the next 2 years? Slim to none is the answer...

...so long as the Pre 2 does land on Sprint.
    yeah, same here with us - for first time she will have same phone as me (until the new phone comes out later this year?) instead of a hand me down.
    I see pandas.
    Looks like they extended this deal another 24 hours... so if anyone missed the boat yesterday, you get another chance. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Even though right now, the phones look like they are going to be discontinued, you still got one of the best engineered phones on the market.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianf150 View Post
    Even though right now, the phones look like they are going to be discontinued, you still got one of the best engineered phones on the market.
    Says who and what market on what planet are you speaking of? Was the Pre a ok phone? Yes. One of the best engineered phones on the market? I and a whole lot of other people beg to differ!
    fyi, sale stiil on sans gift card. Abw, lol.