Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We have had a few discussions now.

We have taken a look at what patches you want to see incorporated into webOS and we have seen what software bugs exist that just annoy you to the bitter end.

Now I want to look at what features you are just dying to have on the device. Whether that feature comes available from a patch or it's something that can't be fixed in a patch (voice dial anyone).

We know there is features you want to have added to the device, so let us know what they are.

So as before I'm only looking for one feature that you are wanting to see added. I know some people can go on forever, but there is obviously one of those items that stand out above anything else in your mind.

Also let's stick to software and I will say the sky is the limit you can name any feature you feel like should be added, whether the feature be remotely possible or not. Remember this is the BIG one feature that you want...scratch that NEED on webOS.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    A native OSK.
    How can Palm expect to compete without one? Why are we still waiting more than a whole year later? Is it really that difficult to implement?

Palm's always pushing this OS as being "so easy" to code for.

Why do we have to fumble with the phone while in landscape to flip it around PLUS open it just to type something like "ok"?
    feature parity with Centro/Treo PIM and system settings. That is table stakes to being a smartphone contender for business people. The list of what is missing is too long to list, but about half of it is just the list of patches that Jason has created...

Then we drill down on stuff like calendar integration, I need to be able to send an email to my calendar, invite participants from my calendar, grab calendar info from flight scheduling apps or websites, etc.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    feature parity with Centro/Treo PIM and system settings. That is table stakes to being a smartphone contender for business people. The list of what is missing is too long to list, but about half of it is just the list of patches that Jason has created...
    I've got to agree with WorkerB, I'm still holding on to my old school Palm because it does things the Pre still cannot do.

If we are going cloud, everything should sync into a user accessible (via the web) location. Pre-sync encryption for sensitive data would be a must.

From a "we can do something the others can't" perspective (Apple with music and Google with Google voice). I'm hoping to see Palm/HP leverage their scope in desktops and handhelds into a really cool integration package where you really can use the phone as a tablet-like device when it's docked.

Everybody else is going for two devices phone and tablet with little to no real data integration. Palm has a chance to jump ahead in this area if it is executed correctly.

EDIT: Sorry, you said stick to software.

A method to better organize desktop icons. Folders or some sort of card motif. Once you get more than a few dozen apps, it gets crazy using the launcher. I know there is a patch for that, but a flexible, built-in solution would be great.
    Last edited by C-Note; 09/02/2010 at 01:50 PM.
    good point. the Palm profile needs to be fully accessible from the web. At least to the extent that I can access contacts in myVerizon on my daughters dumb-phone. I can add/change/delete/upload/download contacts from a browser and they automagically sync to her phone.

I can't believe anyone puts contacts into their palm profile where they can't get access to them.
    voice dialing, voice search.
    digital focus and digital zoom for the camera (assuming that doesn't require new hardware).
    official support for themes. personalization is a huge thing to users. the iPhone just now has the ability to change wallpaper. non-geek users should be able to apply themes like they can with their PC browser.
    inclusion of 1ghz clockspeed in the stock webOS out of the box... (aren't you sorry you asked for these one at a time?) sorry about that...
    test search within a web page or .pdf
    support for office 2007 and 2010 file formats. also support for Open Office XML formats
    I'd like to see the messaging app attatched to the camera app,
    so i can text and still see my feet when i'm walking.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    categories. note to Palm, how could that not have been in version 1.0? just askin'
    integration with twitter so I can post directly from the camera.
    automatic red eye reduction in photos do I can finally get rid of our digital camera.
    drm support or whatever is necessary to watch Hulu.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    ...and a bigger mirror. oh, wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    LoL
    Now THAT's funny.
    One of the most needed, but yet the least noted: To Have The Cursor Follow The Screen.Are we ever going to have that. Huh?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast