Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I was wondering if I am the only one hoping/waiting for the Citrix receiver to come out for WebOS. maybe now that HP has aquired Palm? maybe the IOS version can be ported???

Here's to hoping.
    they have a major partnership with HP so it's likely they will have to do one.
    HP|Palm has a lot of exciting stuff for us - I'm being optimistic on seeing that pretty soon. ^_^
  4.    #4  
    Yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I have been waiting and waiting for Citrix to come to WebOS and I almost lost hope until HP stepped in.
    I would love citrix
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    This has to be done by Citrix, but I know that Citrix supports other HP appliances from other product families so it is very likely that they will add support for new platforms that HP adopts.
    I believe in HP is big on enterprise market. Not having RDPs and Citrix would be a no-no for HP/Palm devices...I would suspect with webOS 2.0 SDK available and HP's backing...we will see a Citrix Receiver app. I will need it for work as well. At least I have Citrix on the iPad...but would also welcome Citrix Receiver for webOS!
    Elusiva is planning to release a FREE RDP 6.1 client for webOS by beginning of 2011.

Users interested in early access should contact the company. I am a new user who cannot post links. Search for Elusiva online.

PS If you were wondering, RDP 6.1 means RemoteApp support is included.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    HP|Palm has a lot of exciting stuff for us - I'm being optimistic on seeing that pretty soon. ^_^
    welcome back!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is Citrix or RDP really that usable on a touch device, especially on a smartphone? I'm not trying to be negative, I've just never used them on a touch device. If I needed to remote in I would just grab my laptop. I just can't help but think these apps are more for novelty than anything. I could be wrong of course..
    I had breakfast with a buddy who works for citrix a couple of weekends ago. I don't pretend to understand what he does (something to do with virtual machines , sandbox?) but when we got to talking about phones (He's an iphone guy), he was familiar with webos and had mentioned something about work he was doing with it on a slate type device. He mentioned that that project was pulled in favour of a similar project on an HP slate device running windows.
    I am not trying to start rumours, I may have got some of what he was saying wrong but I read the thread title and thought.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandufour View Post
    Yes, it is REALLY usable.
    So do you use it for grabbing a remote desktop, desktop apps or what? Just curious to hear about its practical uses. Our company is pushing to test this on the iPad but we really haven't gotten a definitive use case from them yet.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I wonder why it can't be ported from iOS to webOS using the PDK...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I can't wait for Citrix Receiver and RDP! Remote admin work with them helps so much!!!
    Is there an update on this. Is the Cirtix receiver for webOS available or on the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by prao View Post
    Is there an update on this. Is the Cirtix receiver for webOS available or on the way?
    that would be very nice indeed. Has anyone found a workaround for secure connections yet?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Still waiting...Couldn't post link, but if you go to blogs.citrix.com, and search for webos, the latest article is on 9/26/11.
    I urge you all to write a comment to the Citrix team to continue development of the receiver app.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Here is the link. Let the voices of webos shout out and get this plug-in working

Citrix Receiver plans for HP
    Now that I have a case with a keyboard that also serves as a stand, the only thing I am really missing is Citrix. I wish they would hurry up.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    zwergholdrio likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast