1.    #1  
    Hey guys, im downloading the doctor as we speak to put preware on my pre plus w/ verizon for the first time. Any suggestions on ways to improve my experience with this device would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

Kody
    Welcome to the community!
    Don't use the Doctor, that's only to be run if you want to return your phone to factory settings.
    First thing you want to do is run the webOS Quick Install and then install Preware. Once Preware is installed you no longer need to have your phone tethered to your computer and all your patches/themes etc can be run strictly from the phone.

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    There this link will work, check this out and you shouldn't have any problems.

It basically will run you through a set up prior to Preware. Just install the Preware, and then everything else can (and should) be done through your phone.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/01/2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    If your goal is just to install Preware, you can also use the standalone installer:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

But sledge007 is right, don't use the Doctor unless something is broken with your phone, or you want to return it to how it was when you got the phone (minus the media partition).
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If your goal is just to install Preware, you can also use the standalone installer:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

But sledge007 is right, don't use the Doctor unless something is broken with your phone, or you want to return it to how it was when you got the phone (minus the media partition).
    Thanks for that, it's been awhile since I've installed Preware, and I'm getting a replacement phone today so that's more than helpful for me too
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    thanks alot for the info!

do have one question though.. when i installed the QuickInstaller, i used the link in the thread about v3 but it is installing a limited older version of the quick installer.. i cant import themes in this one. any suggestions as to what could be happening here?

thanks
    use preware for installing and removing themes. you will be much happier.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  7.    #7  
    ok well i just tried installing a theme through preware.. it says that the theme was installed and i see no difference
    You have to do the "Luna Restart" to see any changes or effects such as patches/themes etc. If you're not sure how to do that just do a full restart (press top power button down until it gives you the option), then you should see your theme & make SURE you uninstall old themes before installing new ones
    and remember to remove a them before installing another....

you definitely want to spend some time reading the homebrew threaed listed above, too.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10.    #10  
    eeh i got bored trying and removed it and loaded some very kewl patches
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    yes patches are really cool your gona love them, they really enhance the palm experince. i never use themes, i dont think they add much, and they are risky in my view. if you want a patch thats really great instal faster card animations. and after that i would recommend getting uberkernal and govnah so you can run your pre at 1ghz. its very simple and can be done all through preware. allways remember to read the patch details befor instaling them because some patches will interfer with others that you might have already instald.
    How do you install themes from Preware? The only themes I find are for virtual keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    How do you install themes from Preware? The only themes I find are for virtual keyboard?
    Go to the feeds settings and turn on the themes feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14.    #14  
    thanks for all the comments on my n00bie thread, i think these forums will come in handy in the future.

love peace and chicken grease,

Cpl Thompson USMC