Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    So since I just switched to Verizon from Sprint I obviously wont have an upgrade for a long time. This is something that almost made me not switch carriers right now because I was already due for an upgrade with Sprint which Ive now lost. So this brings me to the point of this post. Who out there is willing to pay full price for the next WebOS device when it comes out? For me it will depend a lot on form factor. If the next device is like a Pre with a slider I may wait because I do like the slider free part of the Pixi. Then again I know if that is the case it could be a very long time before the following device is out so I might not be able to hold out that long. So I suppose my own answer is if the device really calls my name I would be willing to pay full price. Anyone else?
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
  2. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #2  
    Out of curiosity Melissa, why did you go to Verizon from Sprint?

    I personally would never pay full price for a phone.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3. #3  
    Not me, still holding on strong to my upgrade eligibility!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4. #4  
    if it's good enough, I will. Wouldn't be the first palm phone I paid full price for.
  5. #5  
    Full price....never. Try overclocking if you can't stand to wait.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/31/2010 at 10:53 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6. nullr's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #6  
    I thought about the for the EVO 4G I can upgrade in a couple of months but they have that stupid 10$ a month thing. At first people thought that surcharge was for 4g but then they said it was a HW cost (ie more subsidy money to keep phone price down). So thats 240$ over a 2 year contract. 200+240=440. The full price for the phone is 450 so 10 dollars is not that much of a difference. If sprint would take away the 10$ a month surcharge if you bought the Evo full price it would be worth it then I can save the upgrade for a later time or keep a second phone JIC.
  7. #7  
    I probably will, with one caveat though.

    My Pre is having some major hardware issues right now, earpiece doesn't work at all (speaker phone for calls) and it does this weird thing ghost effect, where inputs are registered on their own (it does some really random stuff, opening apps, dialing on its own, etc) and I don't have insurance. It would cost $120 to fix at Sprint, I've contemplated getting a Pre Plus and modding it for Sprint, but the prices I saw were in the $150 range.

    I've been eligible since July, so I decided to get the Epic 4G, so depending on when the next webOS phone is released/announced I might either be within my 30 days, or I'll be selling the Epic. Based on Evo prices on Ebay, I would probably get $400-500 for the Epic, so I'd have to shell out $200 or so, which would be like upgrading.

    Regardless, I will be buying the next webOS device.
  8. #8  
    No way Jose I will let the suckers...I mean earlier adapters buy it and try it...lol no Pre for me.
  9. #9  
    I'm not sure. I've been upgraded to Premier and talked to a Sprint rep and they told me I can upgrade in November, and use my Airave's upgrade to do so whenever for my girlfriend. But if the next Palm device is on another carrier, I'll just factor in the cancellation fee into the buying price of a new contracted phone.. I'm sorry but Sprint's service sucks and I'm tired of having no signal inside a house.
  10. Analog's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    I thought about the for the EVO 4G I can upgrade in a couple of months but they have that stupid 10$ a month thing. At first people thought that surcharge was for 4g but then they said it was a HW cost (ie more subsidy money to keep phone price down).
    Last I heard, they were trying to claim that it was because Evo users would likely use more "premium data services." When did they start using this it's-to-subsidize-the-phone excuse? And will they use it for every future 4G phone?
  11. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #11  
    No, I won't pay full price, but I'd have no problem paying 200-250. I'll get to see webOS 2.0 and if by some chance I don't like what I see and still no new phone by nov...... I'll have an epic decision to make....hint,hint.
  12. Solen's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #12  
    I've been keeping my upgrade discount just for the next webOS device, and by the little improvements already mentioned for webOS 2.0, it should definitely be worth it. I think there will be a couple devices coming on different carriers between the end of year and first quarter of next year, and one of them should be on Sprint. If the next device totally sucks, then I would consider another platform, but I'm not moving from Sprint as my carrier for a while.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  13. #13  
    i am on sprint and a premier customer so i can upgrade every year so no full price for me!
  14. #14  
    I'm not under contract and don't like being under contract. That said I've been on Sprint forever (11 years) and may take a new contract it it launches on Sprint first. If it launches on TMo first I'll jump there and pay full price due to the discount on plans for not being on contract. If it launches on Verizon or ATT first I'll pray webOS 2.0 runs well on my Pre till it launches elsewhere.
  15. #15  
    Depends. If it's amazing hardware (great screensize, fantastic touchscreen, durable) and has a good battery (for once), 4G, and looks great and is thin, then yes. If it's webos 2.0 (amazing looking so far) but Palm Pre-like hardware, no way.
  16. #16  
    nope
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  17. #17  
    put me down for willing
  18. #18  
    I still have one year to go with my original palm prprpr...$so$ $it$ $depends$ $on$ $the$ $device$...$and$ $I$ $rather$ $wait$ $for$ $the$ $tablet$ $and$ $pay$ $that$ $price$...$but$ $this$ $is$ $not$ $engraved$ $in$ $stone$...$obviously$...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Depends. If it's amazing hardware (great screensize, fantastic touchscreen, durable) and has a good battery (for once), 4G, and looks great and is thin, then yes. If it's webos 2.0 (amazing looking so far) but Palm Pre-like hardware, no way.
    Ditto, If it turns out like that, I'll just keep my Pre Plus and have WEbos 2.0 at the same time and be happy. If its awesome hardware then yeah, Ill probably pay the full price....

    -Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
  20. #20  
    My Premier upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions