Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    OK, who will be the first to get 2.0 running thru Preware?

The clock is ticking!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I'm pretty sure that won't happen. It would be illegal to use palms code from the sdk (if even possible), and it would not be worth a developers time to reverse engineer features that are going to be officially implemented in juat a few months.
    I think it has been proven much more is possible than isn't possible.

And I expect that its already on a couple people's phones out there.
    That's probably the most impossible thing I've ever heard. If that was possible, Rod would have already implemented an ability to webOS Doctor in Preware.

2.0 is a ROM, which isn't even available. It's emulator only.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    @ Jakeeeee, Well said... We have waited this long... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    That's probably the most impossible thing I've ever heard. If that was possible, Rod would have already implemented an ability to webOS Doctor in Preware.

2.0 is a ROM, which isn't even available. It's emulator only.
    No, because webOS Doctor 2.0 would be illegal as was pointed out. And just because it is a ROM doesn't mean it can't be done. The 1.4.1 emulator ended up being booted on a couple laptops, at least one tablet, and one other phone that I know of.
    WebOS Internals is extremely careful to uphold all Palm NDA agreements and copyright ownership right.

'Nuff said.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    doctor or rom stripped from the emulator only sdk, it would still be illegal. Even if possible, webOS internals nor precentral would host it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    OK, who will be the first to get 2.0 running thru Preware?

The clock is ticking!
    As Rod said NDA - Please do not encourage this kind of illegal behavior. Generally speaking the hombrew community does not endorse it either.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic