View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185863646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1365
    Lol。。。。。。
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    is this thread gonna get closed now?
    it's been confirmed by Rubins*** that we won't get 2.x. Now he's saying he's going to do something "special" for legacy phone users when the pre 3 and touchpad are released. I think the thread will be closed down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    it's been confirmed by Rubins*** that we won't get 2.x. Now he's saying he's going to do something "special" for legacy phone users when the pre 3 and touchpad are released. I think the thread will be closed down.
    They're not going to do anything great for us. Just ANOTHER lie to keep us hanging around....
    blah !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it sucks that I don't upgrade until 2012. But luckily for me I'm turning 15 next month. The minimum age in Dallas for most teenagers to work. I remember my sister was about to buy another pixi after her 1st was stolen, but one of her friends stopped her. She then bought an HTC Hero and is happy with her Flash Lite (lucky her).
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Where'd you see that?

Found it. Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/o...et-updated-to/

We had a chance to sit down with Jon Rubinstein after HP's webOS event today, and he confirmed some unfortunate news for us: older Palm devices like the original Pre, the Pre Plus, the Pixi, and the Pixi Plus won't receive that previously promised update to webOS 2.0. Jon was pretty candid with us, saying that Palm had "missed a product cycle" in the midst of its financial troubles and subsequent acquisition by HP last year, and that the older products simply don't have the horsepower to properly run webOS 2.0 and beyond. That said, it's clear that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market. We'll see what that entails -- and whether or not anyone actually sticks it out on webOS 1.4.5 until the new gear ships sometime this summer.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 02/09/2011 at 10:00 PM.
    HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market.
    Probably trade-in credit on the new devices. Lame.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforsythe View Post

Yeaaap. I think that is exactly what Jon was talking about in that piece.
    I'd be down with that if it came to Sprint, but that's looking unlikely currently... :/
    I wouldn't mind *full* trade in credit.
    Anything less, I agree.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I wouldn't mind *full* trade in credit.
    Anything less, I agree.

Free Pre3's for everyone! \o/

Buy a Pre on ebay for $20 and trade it in!
    Can someone give me a bit of a disclaimer on what risks I would be taking with 2.0.1 on a "legacy" device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Can someone give me a bit of a disclaimer on what risks I would be taking with 2.0.1 on a "legacy" device?
    Risks with the current builds floating around.

1) You can't use your current Palm Profile
    2) It has some bugs, some stating it is unstable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Risks with the current builds floating around.

1) You can't use your current Palm Profile
    2) It has some bugs, some stating it is unstable.
    Think of the benefits of 2.0 (leaked/legacy);

No overclocking due to lack of source for our legacy devices.
    Buggin flash expierence.
    Card View.
    Half whatchamacallit Voice Dial expience.
    No future updates available to you ever.
    No apps to take advantage of 2.0 till later or late this year.
    Apps develped for 2.0, may not even function properly.

Its COOL to use 2.x, but its not practical. Drop the 1.4.5 phone, and move on to another device. When HP gets its game together if you're into being a 2$ piece of blank, then you misewell get the pre3.

I'll hop on to Android once I see a device I like, the evo won't be discounted anytime soon.
    I was thinking another crappy $15 credit at the palm accessory store, just like we got for the Treo600 never getting the WiFi card they promised. A credit that I didnt receive until there was a class action suit that ended when I first got my Pre.
    Is there a way to set a ringtone per contact for texts (sms) on 2.0.1? I can set a ringtone per contact for calls but cant see for SMS?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So...there aren't still people here who believe they're EVER going to upgrade our original Pre to Web OS 2.0, are there?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Several years ago I heard an estimate of $50 Million to develop a new OS. That was long before the feature set of OSs was as large as it is now. When Palm was on its own, it had fairly modest feature set in webOS. Even that was not within their reach. Not having enough sales made development of webOS more difficult and necessitated the purchase by HP.

Now with HP wanting a fuller business and consumer feature set, the development of webOS has been pushed back even further. A large feature set is now required to be competitive in the retail market and in the business market.

I can see why Nokia gave up on trying to make a new robust OS for their smart phones. If HP can deliver on a truly full feature set for webOS (and I hope they will), they might be the last company to pay the price to build a new ecosystem from scratch.

That's what is holding up delivery of the latest newness. Hardware does not have such long lead times.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    And this thread has officially died for obvious reasons. Over and out!