View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

    78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

    73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

    9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

    15 8.57%
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 5560616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1365
  1. #1281  
    Well it's been 5 months since any (pre) pre 2 device got a system update. I hope we get an announced release date besides coming seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, and the worst of them all...... "soon". I'm going to download the 2.0 doctor and see what happens if I put it on my sister's pixi.
  2. #1282  
    i have a suspicion that 2.0 could get released tomorrow (2/9). reason being is that i have several app updates that ordinarily never fail to update properly until tonight. each one keeps saying 'download failed'. so, why on the night before the big event would these apps be failing to update? could it be that they are preparing for an OTA 2.0 update tomorrow? with 2.0 set to include a brand new app catalog, it further cements my suspicion that they are doing some last minute testing before the 9th. here's hoping for some 2.0 goodness tomorrow!
  3. #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i have a suspicion that 2.0 could get released tomorrow (2/9). reason being is that i have several app updates that ordinarily never fail to update properly until tonight. each one keeps saying 'download failed'. so, why on the night before the big event would these apps be failing to update? could it be that they are preparing for an OTA 2.0 update tomorrow? with 2.0 set to include a brand new app catalog, it further cements my suspicion that they are doing some last minute testing before the 9th. here's hoping for some 2.0 goodness tomorrow!
    It's like when someone said it'd be released on 1/31. That person was wrong. Lets hope your right.
  4. #1284  
    Okay forgive me if this question is already posted but, is this ever going to be available for my original palm pre. I love my phone but not enough to go out and get the palm pre 2, I am waiting for the list of new phones to be released from hp/palm also. But if I can never update to webos 2.0 on my original palm pre and there are NO new cool devices, I guess Iíll have to break down and get an android phone. Come on hp/palm please don't disappoint me
  5. #1285  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmelody View Post
    Okay forgive me if this question is already posted but, is this ever going to be available for my original palm pre. I love my phone but not enough to go out and get the palm pre 2, I am waiting for the list of new phones to be released from hp/palm also. But if I can never update to webos 2.0 on my original palm pre and there are NO new cool devices, I guess Iíll have to break down and get an android phone. Come on hp/palm please don't disappoint me
    Oh it's still said that all Palm devices would eventually get the update. Maybe tomorrow we'll get an actual release date.
  6. #1286  
    I have 2.0 on my sprint pre and if anyone has questions I will be happy to answer them
  7. #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I have 2.0 on my sprint pre and if anyone has questions I will be happy to answer them
    I have 4 questions maximum.


    1. What happens if I try to use the 2.0 doctor on a Sprint pixi?

    2. If I am successful at doctoring the pixi, will I have to log back into my Palm profile?

    3. Will I lose any data?

    Many thanks for any response
  8. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #1288  
    I totally will be mashing the update widget tomorrow!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  9. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #1289  
    I'd just wait BTW. There will be a serious reckoning with PreCentralites if it's not released tomorrow
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  10. #1290  
    well i got not update. but the day is young.

    i'm not so sure it would have been a good idea for them to release the update the morning/day of a big event... anything goes wrong and you could have a disaster on your hands for the event.

    i think the best we can really hope for is a firm release date.
  11. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #1291  
    Did anyone else spam the refresh button in the Updates app last night?
  12. #1292  
    I'm guessing the update won't come until March.

    ET
  13. gtman55's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #1293  
    Why do people think the 2.0 update for older devices will be today? I thought today was the day HP/Palm shows off it's new webOS tablets and a new webOS phone?
  14. dint56's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #1294  
    So is it just me or is everyone just re-clicking on the refresh button seeing if there is anything new on Precentral? :P
  15. #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtman55 View Post
    Why do people think the 2.0 update for older devices will be today? I thought today was the day HP/Palm shows off it's new webOS tablets and a new webOS phone?
    Yes, but why COULDN'T they announce that today? It would be a great announcement that would make everyone happy on top of the device announcements.
  16. #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtman55 View Post
    Why do people think the 2.0 update for older devices will be today? I thought today was the day HP/Palm shows off it's new webOS tablets and a new webOS phone?
    Exact point i've made a few times. It would be dumb for HP to release the update for older devises before the new hardware hits the market.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17. #1297  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtman55 View Post
    Why do people think the 2.0 update for older devices will be today? I thought today was the day HP/Palm shows off it's new webOS tablets and a new webOS phone?
    I was thinking the same thing. Somewhere along the way, the assumption was made that it would be released today. It's overdue, and it would be nice though.
  18. #1298  
    [QUOTE=etphoto;2854270]Exact point i've made a few times. It would be dumb for HP to release the update for older devises before the new hardware hits the market.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    So we're going have to wait 5 more months? Adding to the current 4 would be 9 months total if they were released in June, 10 for July and so on and so forth. *sighs*
  19. #1299  
    looks like some awesome anouncements.
  20. #1300  
    What about a WebOS update to tide us over?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions