View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14 545960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1365
    I have a 1.4.5 doctor, so... whatevs.
    Quit whining. Just update it. WebOS 2.x makes many patches obsolete. Also, many Devs have has a Pre 2 since dev day. There are many patches already updated. I put 2.0.1 on my Sprint Pre minus and the GPU acceleration actually makes the phone quite usable. That with Govnah being able to clock the CPU to 600mhz with out kernel mods make this not a big deal.
    Deff upgrading right away
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Quit whining. Just update it. WebOS 2.x makes many patches obsolete. Also, many Devs have has a Pre 2 since dev day. There are many patches already updated. I put 2.0.1 on my Sprint Pre minus and the GPU acceleration actually makes the phone quite usable. That with Govnah being able to clock the CPU to 600mhz with out kernel mods make this not a big deal.
    how does the speed on 600 on 2.0 compare with 800mhz on 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Deff upgrading right away

same.. Unless I'm still using it to follow the news, I'm updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    IDK, but I'll tell you that 500mhz with the GPU acel makes the menus go 100% faster than they ever did on 1.4.5 with 1.1ghz. It's more eye candy. I really don't think the phone actually goes much faster. It just looks nice. more responsive to touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    There was an engadget article from november posted above that mentioned all devices would get updated.
    Yes I know that already. But we've actually seen 2.0 running on a pre and pre + in a video. So far there's only an announcement that the pixi will get the update. But no pictures or videos of 2.0 running on a pixi.
    Not whining, just going to wait week, so quit whining about that.
    Does anyone know if the dragpixelradius patches are updated for 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post

It's actually very good, some hangs here n there but not bad at all
    I would like to see someone run a video on a palm pre 1.4.5 running on webos 2.0 just to see how it looks before I actually do that on my palm pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    man that thing is ugly !!
    but.. but.. it's open!

haha
    As soon as it is available, it's going into my phone. I hope it is released on the 9th, because some stuff in there is overdue. That will give me 3 days to decide if it's time to go (retailer has a special until the 12th on a phone I am eyeing).

I got lucky with a good build Pre, though, so I am in no rush to change it. Just want the update!
    I hope they fix the calendar glitch soon. That is a very serious problem for me. I routinely check dates more than 2 months in the future.
    IDK, I am fine without patching the launcher.... and for what it's worth, you can use Govnah to OC a Pre- to at least 600Mhz according to this...
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-comments.html <- scroll to post #7
    that should hold me over till they update UK.
    Last edited by sinime; 02/07/2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Not whining, just going to wait week, so quit whining about that.
    I'm not whining I'm just stating something that's true.
    16.30 in the UK. Will 2.0 arrive in 24hrs or not??? Lets hope eh!!
    I often wonder if some of the people posting messages actually read the threads.

ET
    I wonder if 2.x is actually going to be released tomorrow or not. There is a lot of assumption that it is going to be released - but only a few really know for sure...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I often wonder if some of the people posting messages actually read the threads.

ET
    I'd say it's unreasonable to expect someone to read a 65 page thread, but each to their own!