View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 535859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1365
    I hope it's released in the 1st half this month at leased. We've already missed 2.0, 2.0.1 and now being brought to 2.1. If not then we're getting 2.2 and Q1 '11 is coming to it's middle ages.
    I hope it lives up to the hype.
    I've noticed that there's no news about 2.x running on a pixi/pixi+. I hope it's not left out....
    There was an engadget article from november posted above that mentioned all devices would get updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    I've noticed that there's no news about 2.x running on a pixi/pixi+. I hope it's not left out....
    title saiys it.
    Threads merged to join the 100 other similar questions.
    I want to see him walk out on feb 9th and be like. As of this minute webos 2.x is being released nationwide from all carriers.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

If WebOS 2.0 is indeed released for the original Palm Pre tomorrow, do you really want to download it? I've added a lot of patches and tweaks to my phone and updating to 2.0 will mean that I won't have access to those anymore. At least, until they're updated to 2.0. I don't think the benefits of 2.0 outweigh the patches and stuff that I've added to my Pre. I only have maybe 40 patches and I know there are folks out there who have up to 100. Do you really think it's wise to give up your customized Pre for WebOS 2.0 whenever it's released?
    nope... I can live without flash (till I have topaz) but cant live without my 4x4 (and many many others...)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    With each update my phone is about 90% back to my preference with patches within a week, most within 3 days. The Devs here rock so no need to worry. You can just delay updating if you want to wait til patches are updated or just enjoy 2.? for what it is for a few days.
    It won't be but for a while until the webOS 2.0 doctor is released officially, and the source code can be used by more people to figure out things and get them updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Yes I do. I plan on removing all patches and using 2.0 stock
    I think the main thing for me is to have 1GB OC back again; I don't think I can live with the stock setting for any length of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    nope... I can live without flash (till I have topaz) but cant live without my 4x4 (and many many others...)
    we'll just say, my original pre has seen the greener grass, but I came back to my yard.....but I'd happily go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    With each update my phone is about 90% back to my preference with patches within a week, most within 3 days. The Devs here rock so no need to worry. You can just delay updating if you want to wait til patches are updated or just enjoy 2.? for what it is for a few days.
    the only thing that can be patched in the launcher is the background. the rest of the launcher can not be patched in 2.0
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    man that thing is ugly !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I probably wait a week until webOS Internals can get all of the patches up and running on 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I probably wait a week until webOS Internals can get all of the patches up and running on 2.0.
    WebOS Internals isn't the only group that maintains patches. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I figure by the time Verizon gets around to updating the Pre Plus everyone will have had time to make updates/replacement patches for most things aways...