View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1365
    "Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied? "

webOS 1.4.5 was enough to keep me satisfied in comparison to IOs etc.
    I can not imagine going back to that other OS at is feels very old and cumbersom when i use it.

Looking forward to the great new features of webOS2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I wonder why the wait until Feb. 9. Why not just relelase 2.0 and make almost everyone happy already? Then again, 2.0 might not even be part of the news on Feb 9.
    2.0? Oh no we're not getting 2.0. We're getting 2.1 (if not then 2.2 if it exists).
    Yeah. No way they would release the update so close to the event now. If problems occurred from the update, then it would distract from the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    because if the issued it today you would quit talking about it -- they are creating buzz
    That is true! Standing by.
    Quote Originally Posted by javaman1234 View Post
    Yeah. No way they would release the update so close to the event now. If problems occurred from the update, then it would distract from the event.
    this logic then suggests that it wouldn't be available on the 9th, or shortly thereafter either.

there's nothing wrong wtih your logic, i just don't like it because it means the update is at least a little over a week away
    Wondering if the upgrade for the original Pre to webOS 2.0 has been dropped. There's been no mention of it (as far as I can tell) for a long time, and I would think that by now we would have gotten something. There are bugs in 1.4.5 (notably the HTML tags appearing in Contact notes) that are really annoying enough to push for this upgrade. Thanks.
    Worst case, should hear something feb. 9. Best case, update comes out before then.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Are you not aware of the upcoming announcement on 2/9?

HP/Palm has stated that WebOS 2.xx is backward compatible to older devices and will be available in coming months. Note this was some months ago ....
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Are you not aware of the upcoming announcement on 2/9?

HP/Palm has stated that WebOS 2.xx is backward compatible to older devices and will be available in coming months. Note this was some months ago ....
    No, if I had been aware of it, I would not have posted my question here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Worst case, should hear something feb. 9. Best case, update comes out before then.
    Thank you.
    Personally I think, most or atleast a lot of us would actually prefer webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 2. I myself ma not at all happy since I got the Pre 2 and think my Pre + with all the 'homebrew' patches provided a far superior user experience. webOS 2 in it's current state sucks big time.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    webOS 2 is not all it is being made out to be. In fact, personally I find that webOS 1.4.5 with all the 'homebrew' patches is far superior to the kludgy and absolutely barebones webOS 2.0.1. I just hope webOS 2.1 is much improved, or else most people will find webOS 2 a major step back from webOS 1.4.5.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Personally I think, most or atleast a lot of us would actually prefer webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 2. I myself ma not at all happy since I got the Pre 2 and think my Pre + with all the 'homebrew' patches provided a far superior user experience. webOS 2 in it's current state sucks big time.
    not being able to patch the launcher anymore is a huge bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I've been thinking about this more and more. As much as I've been looking forward to the new update, I have my phone just like I want it...patches and all. I don't want to lose a bunch of adored personalization in lieu of updated crap that I don't really need..or want...or care for...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    with the holidays over, Feb 9th has given me something fun to look forward to ....
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    not being able to patch the launcher anymore is a huge bummer.
    The only launcher patch that's featured in 2.1 is the add/delete pages. I wonder why patch developers are able to add features in 1.4 Palm has yet to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    The only launcher patch that's featured in 2.1 is the add/delete pages. I wonder why patch developers are able to add features in 1.4 Palm has yet to add.
    I have no idea. I would assume it would be VERY easy for them to build most of our patches in to webos. Yet, for some reason, they don't.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I have no idea. I would assume it would be VERY easy for them to build most of our patches in to webos. Yet, for some reason, they don't.

They don't have text assist in 2.1 ??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Maybe it'll be in 3.0 which will be released in the coming seconds. That can be at anytime without news or surprises.
    I had 2.0 for one week on my pre. due to missing the apps I had on 1.4.5 I went back. But if anyone has questions then I will be happy to answer.