View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1365
    Marketing.

They want to have their big bang event with not only announcements for several devices but also stuff that will be available right away - and that will mostly be software.

I expect something like "webos 2.1 is starting to get pushed by our update servers as we speak, also we have some new app partners here and tomorrow will see the following apps appear in the app catalog, etc...".
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    <thread merged>
    This may be somewhat off-topic, but my anticipation for 2.0 brought it to mind :P

One thing I'm really curious about is whether HP might do something similar to Apple and make an effort to make their products more seamlessly compatible with eachother: any of us who've owned an iPhone/iPod + Mac combo know the great joy it brings lol.. Do you think, in later hardware, HP may make their phones somehow extra compatible with their brand of computers and/or printers? Imagine a laptop with a built-in Touchstone dock.. or even cooler: a printer with one, where one could print photos straight from their phones with no cords.. assuming they could find some way to make data transfer over a Touchstone connection actually work. It doesn't sound impossible to me!
    They've already launched wireless printing from your phone.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yea I know, I'm just throwing ideas out there
    I'm hoping to see some major HP ads during the Super Bowl to build significant awareness, curiosity & interest in WebOS and the devices HP has coming. There is no bigger advertisement stage on which you could hype and get attention for your own big stage three days later...
    As for what, I'm hoping they paint a picture of everywhere-mobility like the cool NFL ads where the viewing device morphs to different formats place to place. When I first saw it I thought "that's gotta be a new HP WebOS ad!!!"... only to be let down that it was NFL. It's exactly the concept of mobility and device transferability that I perceive.

Here's hoping they hype HP's big-stage show during the biggest-stage show.
    Anyone know anything?
    There won't be ads in the super bowl because the event hasn't happened yet. However, I could see a teaser webOS ad showing up. Say they put a ad in that says webOS - Feb 9th, and thats all. Kinda like the 1-11-01 that verizon did for the iPhone. But other then that. IMHO its a pipe dream to expect a superbowl ad.

Now if HP had the event before the superbowl, all out yes I would say there would be. Becuase then they could show off new products and ideas in a advertisement.

And I'm expecting Feb 9th, to bring webOS 2.1 to the masses. It will either be available during that event. Or they will say begin to push it out in "coming weeks" heh.

At feb 9th, I hope for; New Apps, Tablets, Phones, Show off of how webOS will work and make your life easier, and webOS 2.1. At the developer, I expect a SLEW of things to come in webOS.
    Hi, It's been a time since I look around Palm world in the internet. I've been pretty happy with my little Pre :P

But recently I saw that WebOS 2.0 had been released, and I asked my self this question:

Would it be possible to install WebOS 2.0 on my little Palm Pre?

P.D, My Palm Pre is the first version of the Pre that came out here in Spain, and I've never had any problem.

Just that, if it is possible or not? and if is, how? I downloaded the 2.0 WebOS Doctor I found at WebOS Internals, but how can I apply it?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, there's tons of threads. But the actual 2.x for the Pre's (-/+) haven't been released.
    Sprint Love
    WebOS 2.x will be officially released on all webOS devices. All signs are indicating that release is in the very near future. There are beta versions floating around, but I would just wait for the update from Palm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    We are still awaiting release of webOS 2.0.? to US carriers. It was promised “in the coming months” a couple of months ago, but still no action.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    WebOS 2.x will be officially released on all webOS devices. All signs are indicating that release is in the very near future. There are beta versions floating around, but I would just wait for the update from Palm.

Those are not the true beta versions. And I believe it's hasn't been released yet because palm is working out the bugs before they release it to older phones . Remember our older phones ( pre minus , pre plus ) are running on different processors than the pre2's and less memory .

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    <<another merge>>
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Those are not the true beta versions. And I believe it's hasn't been released yet because palm is working out the bugs before they release it to older phones . Remember our older phones ( pre minus , pre plus ) are running on different processors than the pre2's and less memory .

The Pre Plus comes with the same 512MB as the Pre 2 has, and upwards of 95 percent seem to be capable of running at 1GHz, even if the chip is only rated to 600MHz.

The reason why we have not seen WebOS 2 yet for older devices is because HP wants the release to be a BIG event, instead of the slow adoption by different carriers. One carrier every few weeks does not make as big a splash as releasing WebOS 2 for all existing devices all at once.

The people at HP may see(after the fact) that the biggest reason the Pre and Pre Plus phones did not sell well was the lack of HYPE by mainstream media due to mistakes by Palm.

Waiting six months after the announcement of the original Pre hurt initial sales. Low initial quality added to this problem, but even once the Plus versions showed up on Verizon and then AT&T, there was no media blitz, and nothing trying to really push the Pre Plus as an amazing phone that can multitask better than any other smartphone on the market.

So, HP is going to hold its own event where WebOS and the new devices will be able to take center stage. If they release a phone with a 3.7 inch screen PLUS a slide-out keyboard, that should make a pretty good splash, and if they also show off the new OS version and show that it is being released for the older devices as well, that will go a LONG way to getting WebOS out there and getting more developer support.

Document editing is also something that many have been waiting on, so this may be a situation where HP wants QuickOffice to be available for sale with the launch of the new devices....which of course will require that ALL devices are capable of running the new package.
    Hi again, I just tried to install the 2.0 OS on my Palm Pre device, and It does not work... I get an error saying that the OS is not compatible with my device...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Maschke View Post
    Hi again, I just tried to install the 2.0 OS on my Palm Pre device, and It does not work... I get an error saying that the OS is not compatible with my device...
    No surprise there.. The SFR dr is for the Pre 2 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    I've installed 2.0.1 on my Sprint Pre Minus. It's nothing to get worked up over. It's still light years behind Android and iOS in my opinion.
    look not my way to pick fights so i will kindly disagree with your comments -- especially the IOS ??? -- really??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    It's an opinion. Mine is that webOS is only behind Android. Just add voice search and we're good to go.
    I wonder why the wait until Feb. 9. Why not just relelase 2.0 and make almost everyone happy already? Then again, 2.0 might not even be part of the news on Feb 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I wonder why the wait until Feb. 9. Why not just relelase 2.0 and make almost everyone happy already? Then again, 2.0 might not even be part of the news on Feb 9.
    because if the issued it today you would quit talking about it -- they are creating buzz
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch