View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 56 ... LastLast
    I don't know what is so hard to understand about this...what has been revealed is only an SDK beta release that just so happens to expose some of the features--groundbreaking or not--that developers will want to take advantage of in the future release of webos 2.0. By no means has a changelog been released, and no formal announcements have been made by palm or hp. Speculation about webos 2.0 is all fine and dandy, but no one can complain that this or that feature hasn't been implemented in 2.0 because it has not been released.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    ....but no one can complain that this or that feature hasn't been implemented in 2.0 because it has not been released.
    Sadly folks will do whatever they want....frustrating as that may be.

The sneak peeks reveled this morning by an over excited developer in this thread clearly pointed out what your talking about above. Lots of little changes coming our way. Can't wait.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Sadly folks will do whatever they want....frustrating as that may be.

The sneak peeks reveled this morning by an over excited developer in this thread clearly pointed out what your talking about above. Lots of little changes coming our way. Can't wait.
    crap there was a sneak peak in here? how did I miss that. did anyone tivo this thread? is there a tivo for threads?

oh well, I guess I can wait a few more months for all that 2.0 goodness.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    "...there are many unannounced features for webOS 2.0, it is truly an awesome endeavor."

source: Twitter / Rahul Sood: ...there are many unannoun ...

Any guesses on what these new features would be? I am guessing facetime over my HP printer through my C40 using Vidyo's backbone. Just a wild guess... ^___________^
    Is 2.0 the next webOS update that we'll see?

Or is there possibly going to be a bug-fix release for 1.4.5 sometime in the interim?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is 2.0 the next webOS update that we'll see?

Or is there possibly going to be a bug-fix release for 1.4.5 sometime in the interim?
    That is unknown.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    u can play chat roulette on your printer hahahahlol
    Use this Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

At this time there is no public information on when to expect a new webOS update. This is just so that we can merge all of the anticipation threads into one place.

-----

Palm releases webOS 2.0 SDK

webOS 2.0 details: Stacks, Just Type, Exhibition, and more!

Why developers should be pumped for webOS 2.0

Just Type: more than just search [webOS 2.0]

Stacks: multitasking made smarter [webOS 2.0]

Exhibition: at a glance [webOS 2.0]

Spell Checking speculation

---------------------
    Im ok with you cannibalizing my OP for the anticipation thread.
    Both dark AND light settings for your toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Both dark AND light settings for your toast.
    Kind of like "Both kinds of music - country AND western!" ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #111  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Im ok with you cannibalizing my OP for the anticipation thread.
    Thanks...I had a few "issues" creating it...left credit for your contributions in the edit comments.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Kind of like "Both kinds of music - country AND western!" ?
    I heard that the ringtones are a little bit country while still being a little bit rock and rolll, too.

It is also rumored to come with a new Borat theme as the default.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    "...there are many unannounced features for webOS 2.0, it is truly an awesome endeavor."

source: Twitter / Rahul Sood: ...there are many unannoun ...

Any guesses on what these new features would be? I am guessing facetime over my HP printer through my C40 using Vidyo's backbone. Just a wild guess... ^___________^
    My guess....spell checker.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The samsung instinct has better text correction than my pre. Also has speech to direction and apps talk to each other better. Notifications take up less space too. It's crap otherwise.. just sayin' though.

Palm needs widgets of some kind. It's nice not to have an app open for those often used glanceable things. Weather, stocks, twitter, and mail come to mind.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Palm needs widgets of some kind. It's nice not to have an app open for those often used glanceable things. Weather, stocks, twitter, and mail come to mind.
    webOS is built to use notifications for this information and has applications that will do that for all the things you mentioned.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    webOS is built to use notifications for this information and has applications that will do that for all the things you mentioned.
    Using the dashboard to do what widgets do uses screen real estate, no matter where you are within the app and you can't just glance at it for information, you have to click the dashboard to acquire it.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Using the dashboard to do what widgets do uses screen real estate, no matter where you are within the app and you can't just glance at it for information, you have to click the dashboard to acquire it.
    I find the beauty of notifications is that no matter what your doing they are visible. Widgets are only noticeable when you aren't doing anything....but to each his own.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I find the beauty of notifications is that no matter what your doing they are visible. Widgets are only noticeable when you aren't doing anything....but to each his own.
    I'm mildly OCD when it comes to organization on a computer, phone, etc. As soon as I receive a notification I have to look at it and then clear it.
    I'm still hoping to see an API for accessing the microphone....

One of the only two apps I wish would be ported from the iPhone to the Pre simply /can't/ be ported without access to the microphone. I forget the exact name, but the app listens to music playing, and then consults an online database to retrieve the artist and title information. It's something like "Shazam", if memory serves.

(The other app I'm hoping to see some day is STRIP, by Zetetic. I used it and loved it on PalmOS, and they've come out with an iPhone version, but still no WebOS version to date.)