View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1365
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoates View Post
    the biggest feature I am waiting for is voice!
    ^
    ^
    ^

This.

But it's pretty much too late. This phone and the alleged update to finally get it up to semi-speed with the iPhone have become a complete joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    ^
    ^
    ^

This.

But it's pretty much too late. This phone and the alleged update to finally get it up to semi-speed with the iPhone have become a complete joke.
    uhhh...webOS is already beyond iOS....we are waiting for icing on the cake....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Excited

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    As far as I know from reading an article this morning there is no 2.0.0 it's now at 2.1.0 . And there is not any type of theme changing available as far as I know .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    As far as I know from reading an article this morning there is no 2.0.0 it's now at 2.1.0 . And there is not any type of theme changing available as far as I know .

What I meant about theme change, I just meant the launcher. It changes from gray to blue just like how the phone app goes from green to blue. However the changes to blue look permanent from 2.0 and onwards.
    Ok I see now lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    uhhh...webOS is already beyond iOS....we are waiting for icing on the cake....
    Yeah and still no microphone access, no dictation, no voice dialing, no Face Time/Skype....the list goes on. It's ridiculous. Took over a year to get video recording capabilities that were supposed to be on it at launch.
    Yeah and still no microphone access, no dictation, no voice dialing, no Face Time/Skype....the list goes on. It's ridiculous. Took over a year to get video recording capabilities that were supposed to be on it at launch.
    thank god the iphone is perfect -- if you hold it just right and don't want to multi task -- true multitask any way
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Correct me if im wrong please...

But Verizon Palm Pre 2 is supposed to have a Skype technology on it for Voice Calls. Voice dialing is in webOS 2.0, and microphone access is on it also...

Video recording did take awhile, but at least it was available when they annouched at ces. Not to mention a nice gift of PDK games at the same time.

I treat any OS as is. Yeah you can add card based swiping to the iphone, but whats the point of having to jailbreak then add a patch to the device to get it to do what you want. Why not just buy somthing that does it already. You can theme windows xp to make it look like windows 7 but in the end your still using windows xp.
    I am a palm Pre user and have been since day one, first in line at the sprint store I am anxiously waiting for feb 9th and hopefully good news for sprint and soon. I must say though, klownicle states "what's the point of having to jailbreak then add a patch to the device to get it to do what you want," isnt that what most of us have done to our Pre's? Seems to me like we are in the same boat. iOS in many ways is ahead of webos which makes sense cause it came out 2 years before webos. Sadly, if nothing is announced for sprint from hp, and on the 7th by chance the iPhone is, I will be switching. I don't want to but I am tired of getting my Pre exactly like I want it only to have something in the hardware fail, like the power button popping off, camera not working anymore, certain keys on the keyboard notworking :/. I'm on my 8th Pre and have never dropped any of them. Heres hoping sprint gets some love on the 9th

Ken
    I am a palm Pre user and have been since day one, first in line at the sprint store I am anxiously waiting for feb 9th and hopefully good news for sprint and soon. I must say though, klownicle states "what's the point of having to jailbreak then add a patch to the device to get it to do what you want," isnt that what most of us have done to our Pre's? Seems to me like we are in the same boat. iOS in many ways is ahead of webos which makes sense cause it came out 2 years before webos. Sadly, if nothing is announced for sprint from hp, and on the 7th by chance the iPhone is, I will be switching. I don't want to but I am tired of getting my Pre exactly like I want it only to have something in the hardware fail, like the power button popping off, camera not working anymore, certain keys on the keyboard notworking :/. I'm on my 8th Pre and have never dropped any of them. Heres hoping sprint gets some love on the 9th

Ken
    Carriers? That's the only reason I can think. I mean, the Pre 2 is getting a very minor update but to me it's like getting a new phone. Being hopeful and loving webOS.
    It's not Feb 9th yet?
    who needs carriers? They just should give us a doctor for 2.1
    and hp is not apple
    The carriers have to test and approve anything that operates on their network. Once they have the code from Palm, they have a process to test and document/train their support centers before it can be released.

it will come pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    Ask youself this question....Would apple EVER release a 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, etc update before the next gen phone is released?

The Pre 2 is not next gen.
    Um, yes. 2.0 released on iPhone to iPhone 3G transition and 3.0 released on iPhone 3G to iPhone 3Gs transition. Both being about equivalent revisions to the iPhone as the Pre 2 is to the Pre.

Actually the Pre 2 from the original Pre is more like the jump from the iPhone to the iPhone 3Gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Um, yes. 2.0 released on iPhone to iPhone 3G transition and 3.0 released on iPhone 3G to iPhone 3Gs transition. Both being about equivalent revisions to the iPhone as the Pre 2 is to the Pre.
    The point was that they were released for older phones AFTER the newer models were announced/shipped.
    I don't know that that's a particularly relevant point as the Pre 2 has already been both announced and shipped with the new major version of the OS.
    That is a different device, and a different carrier. The are very protective of what foes on their network, and what you will call them about.. expecting a knowledgeable customer service rep.