View Poll Results: Are you finished with Palm or is webOS 2.0 enough to keep you satisfied?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am all for the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0!!!

78 44.57%
  • Hardware on Pre 2 is the same as the original Pre but I love webOS 2.0!

73 41.71%
  • I want the Pre 2 but webOS 2.0 still needs some major work before I will be satisfied

9 5.14%
  • I'm done with Palm! WebOS 2.0 isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

15 8.57%
Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    So strange that it is out, yet they don't want to release it to older devices.
    it is out on the pre2 which has a specified 1ghz processor and more memory then the legacy devices -- have you ever tried to run the newest version of windows on a legacy device? -- sometimes it works -- sometimes not and usually it is not optimum -------- who knows -- 2.0 may never come to your 500mhz pre / pre+ becuase honestly it might not be able to handle it in the fashion that you want it to -- just like they could have probably got flash running on your legacy device as long as you never added an ap or patch and only used it to demonstrate flash ---- if it is not being released there is a reason other then palm/hp/verizon and sprint oh yeah and at&t are all bullies and they love watching you want but not have 2.0

more likely they don't want to get caught up in the where is my 2.5 that you owe me complainers that will start with in 2 days of when / if they release 2.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Does webOS 2.x fix the AAC streaming issue I reported here??

Palm Forums Link

Could someone with webOS 2.x please check and let us know here?
    Thanks!
    How much longer before the adobe flash? I am so tired of opening a page and a big gray question mark is in the box because you do not have flash to view it. It seems like flash has been coming forever and I want it now.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I really hope they show off some enterprise solutions for the tablet [i.e. choosing what apps can be loaded, forcing apps to stay open, not allowing people to mess with settings like WiFi]
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I really hope they show off some enterprise solutions for the tablet [i.e. choosing what apps can be loaded, forcing apps to stay open, not allowing people to mess with settings like WiFi]
    what do you mean not allowing people to mess around with settings -- i thought the one of the main draws of webos is the fact that it is open and allows the end user to do what he will with things like settings --- they already have a tablet that will restrict what you can do with it -- they call it an ipad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    What is the best way to prepare for 2.0? My phone is pretty patched out and how do I know what will be compatiable and what will not? Any suggestions??
    To be on the safe side you may want to remove the patches that have 2.0's features.

Universal search patches, launcher patches, etc.

I wonder when we'll get to see 2.0 on the pixi because we haven't gotten any news about it. Maybe it runs flash and it'll be the surprise.
    win 7 runs better on lesser equipment than vista hence vista wasn't put on netbooks but win7 starter is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    it is out on the pre2 which has a specified 1ghz processor and more memory then the legacy devices -- have you ever tried to run the newest version of windows on a legacy device? -- sometimes it works -- sometimes not and usually it is not optimum -------- who knows -- 2.0 may never come to your 500mhz pre / pre+ becuase honestly it might not be able to handle it in the fashion that you want it to -- just like they could have probably got flash running on your legacy device as long as you never added an ap or patch and only used it to demonstrate flash ---- if it is not being released there is a reason other then palm/hp/verizon and sprint oh yeah and at&t are all bullies and they love watching you want but not have 2.0

more likely they don't want to get caught up in the where is my 2.5 that you owe me complainers that will start with in 2 days of when / if they release 2.0
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    what do you mean not allowing people to mess around with settings -- i thought the one of the main draws of webos is the fact that it is open and allows the end user to do what he will with things like settings --- they already have a tablet that will restrict what you can do with it -- they call it an ipad
    I mean in an enterprise environment I may want to use a Palm tablet as a thin client, I wouldn't want people messing with settings. It can really screw up an experience if people are constantly messing with settings or closing something you want open.

I don't want an iPad, I wouldn't be able to side-load applications!
    How come noone is talking about the front page story? Palm preparing to push webos 2.1.0? Update: Successfully pushed to at least one Rogers Pre 2 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Although I think it was/is a mistake of some some sort noone else has seen it.
    Because the bulk of the people on here have gen 1 or 1.25 crap and could care less about the Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Because the bulk of the people on here have gen 1 or 1.25 crap and could care less about the Pre2.
    If you read the article one of the phones showing the update is a Sprint Pre.
    The article should be titled better then. Takes more than a random push or two outside the US to get excited, especially when sprint users are the ones who have suffered the longest and probably had the most jump ship. Show some love to the 1st gen 1 beta users and then we'll talk. Last article on the pad mentioned LTE and no wimax. Just shows even less Sprint love.
    Luckily for me I got my palm phone in june 2010 so I technically . I can understand why launch day pre users are mad/jumping ship. 19 months and still nothing for them. webOS 2.0/1 is ready for all the pres but how come it hasn't been released for them yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Luckily for me I got my palm phone in june 2010 so I technically . I can understand why launch day pre users are mad/jumping ship. 19 months and still nothing for them. webOS 2.0/1 is ready for all the pres but how come it hasn't been released for them yet?
    because "the event" is on feb9th
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Hopefully it will get released prior or on the event day
    Duetschland Uber Alles
    2.x is out in the wild. Announcing a push of it to old hardware is about as much of a non-event as you can get.

I wonder what gets updated first. The Pre/Pixi with 2.0 or the Epic with Froyo. Battle of the slowskies.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    How come noone is talking about the front page story? Palm preparing to push webos 2.1.0? Update: Successfully pushed to at least one Rogers Pre 2 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Although I think it was/is a mistake of some some sort noone else has seen it.
    Check this out: (i cant post a link - so put this together yourself)
    http:
    +//www
    +.cellouts.net/2011/01/
    +hands-on-with-webos-v2-1-0/
    I am waiting for the day when the Precentral headline reads "Webos 2.x update available to all". Somehow I see it here first before my phone alerts me.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Anyone have an idea how much stuff from the Homebrew community was incorporated into webOS 2.0?